The Classic EZX for HARD rock?

EZdrummer Pre-sales
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Martin

I think Chris Whitten is most suited to answer this, but I have personally achieved pretty heavy sounding drums with the Classic when I routed out the drums and mixed them separately in Pro Tools.

Martin Kristoffersson
    Sound Designer

jgro002
    Participant

Ok cool, thanks for that Martin.

And I’ll wait for Chris to hopefully respond also.

Cheers,
    Jeremy.

iMac 3.06 GHz 4 GB OSX 10.6.5, Focusrite Saffire 6 USB, Logic Pro 9.1.3, Lacie D2 Quadra

Whitten
    Participant

Uugh, I was avoiding answering this.

On the bass drums we went for full and fat. There is one clickier bass drum, which would probably need to be eq’ed further to achieve the classic clicky metal bass drum.
    The snares are certainly ‘meaty’. I’m not sure if they sound like they are being hit hard. I’m generally a hard hitter, but I find when recording a fuller, warmer sound is achieved by not thwacking the drums. They certainly aren’t played with a limp wrist though.
    What I find is that because the basic sounds were well recorded with quality equipment you can pile on the EQ without turning up ugly artifacts.

Really I think you need an objective opinion from another user.
    I’m totally proud of the product and I think it sounds completely different from other Toon products (including C&V), but the popular hard rock and metal tones were not really on the agenda when we recorded this sample set.

jgro002
    Participant

Not sure why you didn’t wanna answer this, but thanks for your response then.

A four-mic set-up can make drums sound HUGE, hence why I thought maybe it would also be suitable for harder styles. But I can appreciate that this is not what you were going for when you recorded it.

The samples I’ve heard sound great though.

Cheers,
    Jeremy.

iMac 3.06 GHz 4 GB OSX 10.6.5, Focusrite Saffire 6 USB, Logic Pro 9.1.3, Lacie D2 Quadra

Whitten
    Participant

ORIGINAL: jgro002

Not sure why you didn’t wanna answer this

Because it’s better for potential customers to be advised by current customers, not product makers.
    Also….. I’m not the worlds biggest expert on metal/hard rock drum tones.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.