TD20 template for S 2

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Damian Blunt

Peter – can you confirm what module you’re using Superior 2 with. I answered a post on the vdrums forum about setup with a TD-9, but also noticed you are asking about a TD-20. The hihat setup will be different for both.

Damian Blunt - Toontrack
    Quality Assurance
    Betatesting

PW
    Participant

Actually,I sold my TD-9 yesterday and I’m getting the td-20 today with exp card. If you can explain it step by step,that would be great.

I noticed on the other forum that you explained that the mid and far ambience could be found in the bleed section of each instrument. I will try that. Right now I have no mid or far ambience,or the bullet mic.

Thanks,Peter

Damian Blunt

Hi Peter,

I will carry on the response here initially, rather than the vdrums forum, although it should probably be moved to the Superior support section or the edrum section.

As I suggested you have downloaded the edrum MIDI preset file found here

http://www.toontrack.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=61431

but currently you are unable to load it. If you read further down the thread it suggests you have to create a user MIDI preset before you can Manage in Finder / Explorer. So I would do that first then move the edrum preset into that folder. After a restart it should show up.

This preset will work with most Roland modules that are sending the full range of continuous controller data for the hihat (0-127) for open to closed. If you are using the VH-12 with standard TD-20 settings, to get all the hihat articulations, you will have to adjust the CC offset in Superior 2. This is because at the standard settings for the VH-12 the TD-20 only send a CC range of 0-90 for open to closed.

So to do this you need to go the instrument pane in the bottom right hand corner > select Hats from the instrument dropdown and hatsCtrl from the articulations dropdown > below there is a small button that says ‘edit articualtion only’ – press this so it illuminates blue > go to the voices and layers pane to the left > close your VH-12 hihat (tightly) and reduce the ‘hard’ value in the velocity ctrl section until you can attain closed or tight closed hihats (the latter will require the value to be a little lower).

Damian Blunt - Toontrack
    Quality Assurance
    Betatesting

Damian Blunt

Last paragraph should read reduce the ‘hard’ value not reduce the ‘limit’ value – sorry for confusion – I have edited the last post

Damian Blunt - Toontrack
    Quality Assurance
    Betatesting

PW
    Participant

Stiill can’t get it to work. I tried all the advice. It doesn’t close at all.

Rogue

grandaddy’s instructions are 100% correct and WILL allow you to close the HH no matter what so you must not be following them properly. If all else fails please try to set your controller in the module as VH-11/FD (yes, I know you have a VH-12) and CCMax to 127, see Roland documentation for details.

Best Regards,
    RM

Rogue Marechal - Toontrack
    Configuration Manager

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.