Surf Drums?

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • CHRIS
    Participant

Surf and Rockabilly drums?  Sounds intriguing.  I can get fairly close to Phil Collins sort of drums with Superior Drummer 2 using gated reverb; but a Phil Collins drum thing still sounds intriguing; Phil would probably want to get paid for that.

https://www.soundclick.com/aaronaardvark

Cubase 10.5, iMac OSX 10.15.7, memory 8GB, Steinberg UR22 mkII interface

Kip Count
    Participant

2021 and still requesting this.  Need some surf drums and especially a comprehensive MIDI pack covering modern and classic surf drumming.   It’s a unique bombastic style that can be quite challenging to manually program.

Mac Mini M1 | Studio One 6 | PreSonus 68c | EZD3

George Brianka
    Participant
    Hello, Could you create a much – needed Surf Music...

Hello,

Could you create a much – needed Surf Music expansion for Easy Drummer 2? I think there’s is a big need for this. You have heavy metal, pop, rock, nashville, and lots of others, but surf is missing from your catalogue. I think many people would want a surf version. Thanks!

Hello,

Could you create a much – needed Surf Music expansion for Easy Drummer 2? I think there’s is a big need for this. You have heavy metal, pop, rock, nashville, and lots of others, but surf is missing from your catalogue. I think many people would want a surf version. Thanks!

Hello?

Toontrack, are you listening?

George Brianka
    Participant

Hello?

Toontrack, are you listening?

joe
    Participant

Given the incredible success of Big Band EZX – which never happened … cynics would say “not yet!” 😉 in terms of the genre relationship, together with the Traditional Country EZX, it is already very close to a music style Rocknroll, Rockabilly or Surf, you have to ask yourself whether there is really a great demand for it, or whether it is more true here that the same people ask for it over and over again?

I could imagine that there are a lot of guitar-playing rock’n’rollers, rockabillys and psychobillys out there who would be happy about an usable solution (out of the box ) for drums to capture their ideas in the living room at home. But those people very likely also need genre-specific electric bass stuff as well as upright bass stuff.

After having nothing to do with this scene for a long time, I can’t really judge how far a dedicated EZdrummer expansion could actually be popular?

…and apart from that – even if the playing style does not vary greatly within the genre, we have a wide range of different sounds, from the beginnings in the 50s to a Dave Edmunds production like the Stray Cats Blast Off-album, right up to, you have to call it that, “modern sound”, as current productions of rockabilly, psychobilly or horrorpop show.

For the purists among the genre fans, the only option is to record real instruments. Beyond EZdrummer, EZbass and EZkeys. Inexplicably to me how such people can still use smartphones or drive cars that run on unleaded gasoline and have airbags 😉 Just kidding!

I think there are already some drum kit’s presets and instruments in the various EZdrummer expansions that already exist that can also be used for Rocknroll, Rockabilly,Surf, Psychobilly or Ska. Certainly not without adjustments, but still usable.

From my own experience I can only say that I rarely use MIDI patterns that I have bought. Every now and then, of course, either as a basic groove or just as a kind of sophisticated metronome when creating new stuff 😉 For me, what can be heard from the drums is an essential part of the creation process, and I feel just as uncomfortable with prefabricated material for the drums as I do for the bass, piano or guitar.

But of course a Surf EZX or Rockabilly EZX sounds like something one could have a lot of fun with, too! I recommend you guys from Toontrack to produce a decent double bass for Rockabilly and a decent electric bass for Surf music, then produce some genre-related piano stuff for EZkeys and a new EZmix pack for “Rockabilly Guitar”, and finally surprise us with a crossover EZdrummer expansion! 😉

License transfer fees countervalue is $ 2,250.00
    (done...)

So my anger about the Toontrack license transfer fee introduced in June 2021 is not entirely unfounded...

https://www.toontrack.com/faq/transfer-of-license-and-multiple-installs-important-information/

John Hehman
    Participant

+1 for surf drums midi pack.

George Brianka
    Participant

Well maybe now that they are about to release stand-up bass in the Easybase line, the rockabilly/surf drums won’t be far behind….

Hello,

Hello,

joe
    Participant

Well maybe now that they are about to release stand-up bass in the Easybase line, the rockabilly/surf drums won’t be far behind….

Hello,

Hello,

I don’t think that it will be that kind of double bass 😉

License transfer fees countervalue is $ 2,250.00
    (done...)

So my anger about the Toontrack license transfer fee introduced in June 2021 is not entirely unfounded...

https://www.toontrack.com/faq/transfer-of-license-and-multiple-installs-important-information/

george_94
    Participant

Yes!  Please provide surf drums – something like this: https://vi-control.net/community/threads/past-to-future-samples-60s-surf-drums.62388/

And then a MIDI pack.

Please.

Thank you!

Please, again…

Lazylefteye
    Participant

A Surf/Rockabilly EZX or Midipak would be a great idea. I would buy it.

Lazylefteye
    Participant

These are free and work well with EZ Drummer.

https://groovemonkee.com/blogs/news/free-midi-surf-beats-and-fills?_pos=1&_sid=768764eaf&_ss=r

• This post was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Lazylefteye.
    Per-Anders Edwards
    Participant

Need surf kthnxbye

Shaun Dunk
    Participant

The guys at EZ can not think outside of the box.

Kip Count
    Participant

Still looking for that Surf Rock EZX and MIDIpaks.  Will keep checking in every year or two!

Mac Mini M1 | Studio One 6 | PreSonus 68c | EZD3

keengarrity
    Participant

My underwater kingdom for a surf drum MIDI pack! I was really hoping there would be a couple of Ventures-esque beats in the Sixties Pop Grooves pack, but alas, there is not.  Please, Toontrack. :'( There are TENS of us!

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.