Superior Drummer Installation

Product Manager
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Juicy
    Participant

Nothing wrong with “the Product”
    Most the time its pilot error . You didn’t need to do that uninstall re install
    You usually don’t have to set the paths if you just reboot after install it will be automatically found.
    PM is fantastic and tells you everything that is happening and handles it all for very well you but your complaint that you had to install it too !!
    Addictive drums has a similar model installer and its all painless. Man i remember how painful N.I was until they adopted an online installer too.
    What half newbies don’t understand that 60 Gigs of 24 bit audio is a huge download with many ppl sharing the servers too. Its not a small 5 gig library of 16 bit samples like Addictive Drums either.
    I helped a friend over the phone with his install and it was real bad BUT it was his lack of Knowing how to do it i eventually said hey you’ve done this all morning today just try rebooting and it was all installed and sweet , he doesn’t know either but thats a computer thing .The famous old it was fine the nxt day trick.

gdrums6677
    Participant

Maybe you can help then. Sorry for my tone, Im just very frustrated. I wish I bought ez drummer, as the demo worked perfectly. I know superior drummer is a good product. Just can’t seem to make it work.

Here are my steps. They follow along with the attached pictures. I already have the Superior Drummer Downloaded. This is entirely a problem with the library.

1. The product Manager Screen which prompts me to install the library (even though Ive already installed it).

2. The installation Screen which shows where I’m downloading my songs to. Which is library/application support/superior drummer

3. This show the completed installation which adds the SL-avatar folder. My path is now library/application support/superior drummer/SL-avatar folder. I feel like this is where something goes wrong.

4. Creating a Path in logic for superior drummer.

5. The error screen I get when I connect to this folder.

5b. The green check mark I get as if it was connected.

6. After all this, my product manager still prompts me to install this again.1.-Product-Manager-Screen.png

2.-Installation-Information-Screen.png

3.-Installed-Library-Folders.png

4.-Creating-a-Path-in-Logic.png

5a.-Error-Screen.png

5b.-Green-Check.png

6.-Product-Manager-Installation-tab.png

Scott

Please uncheck all S1 libraries. Those are for the legacy Superior Drummer 1 product.

Do you have the NY Avatar library in your Library Menu? That is the library you want to load and use.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Juicy
    Participant

Yes because of this S1 drummer roadblock.
    Its only for some of us who have DFHS/percussion/cocktail libraries. which should be on the bottom not top of the list of things to come up would be easier.
    The good news is Avatar is there ready to go,hence the green tick.
    Anyhow you have pointed S1 to Avatar which won’t work.
    it needs be library>NY1 selected and looking for Path> Avatar
    When we asked the right question the answer(tick) was there and it was actually ready to use. Albeit after rebooting
    If you do as explained here and what Scot said you should be Golden.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.