Superior Drummer 3 (Right Mouse or Arrow..to change snares.. or any ?) REQUEST.

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • John

Well,

I for one think it’s very convenient to be able to hit Alt+R and filter out what I am looking for.

Of course, if you only have a few libraries the list won’t be super long but when you have a lot of libraries, a right-click menu would be impossible to navigate.
    Personally, I would get more than 1.100+ hits for Snares in the ‘Sticks’ category.

But you are of course free to make a request for having this as an option, just pointing out that there is a point behind the current scheme.

BR,

John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

mariannekhos3
    Participant

you say it is not a good idea then? so why you DO have that Option in EZX 2 ?.. works pretty well.. less clicks.. you can use the arrows… or tigh click and navigate from the snare to other Library Snare.. ? it is Much Much more simpler in EZX 2.

Henrik
    Participant

It’s there in EZdrummer 2 because it has no Search for Instruments area, this is the only way to change instruments.

SD3 on the other hand, has more ways to do this and they are splitted by:

• one really easy: show available instruments of the same type as the selected, from the current instruments sound library.
    • one powerful: have filters where you can select properties like “search only in a certain library”, or “search only brushed snares”.
      • Since you can, as John said, press Alt + R, click the requested library, and all the instruments from that particular library will be shown we opted to keep the simple way as simple as possible. You can also use the arrow keys to preview them, and also enable auto load so each selected instruments is automatically loaded.

In theory, the simple way could have contained options to select library, select instrument type, and even more options, but the way we chose worked the best when we tried it. It doesn’t mean it’s the perfect solution though, so your request is noted!

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

mariannekhos3
    Participant

mmmm… o.k. it is just a suggestion. why make a forum for REQUEST suggestions.. and then you Always reply .. like NO NO NO.. our WAY is the BEST way . ???. anyway.

Henrik
    Participant

so your request is noted!

I took a note of the request, since I don’t think we have made everything right. I can of course leave out the explanation of why we made the current design decisions, but I think it may help people to see why it is like it is now, and maybe use the design in a better way.

Toontrack

• This post was modified 5 years ago by Henrik.
    mariannekhos3
    Participant

this is much more simpler .. Screen-Shot-2019-05-18-at-9.22.31-AM

all snares from any library.. no need for more windows..

mariannekhos3
    Participant

computer can handle images.. so why not use that advantage ? sometimes is more simpler and intuitive to load  by picture than names or libraries .. less windows.. one click.. and shows up all racktombs 1.. Screen-Shot-2019-05-20-at-1.29.35-AM

Henrik
    Participant

sometimes is more simpler and intuitive to load  by picture than names or libraries

Thanks for the feedback, your idea is noted! I agree that it would be useful to see the instruments in the list before selecting it. The current implementation shows an image of the instrument after you select it.

Toontrack

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.