Superior Drummer 3 Feature Requests

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 13 replies - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Miroslav
    Participant

Not exactly a “feature” request, but as I mentioned in another thread…kinda disappointing that when you load EZX packs, the kits all have the same look….black…unlike the SDX packs where they come in different finishes/colors.

When you open the EZX kits in EZ Drummer…they come in different finishes and colors…so it would add to the realism in SD3 of ALL the kits had unique finishes/colors…not just the SDX kits.

Gary Stone
    Participant

It would be great to be able to double click in the grid to add notes without having to change tools. Or by holding down a modifier key to enable the pencil. Thanks. SD3 is fantastic!

Andreas
    Forum Crew

@gary said:
    It would be great to be able to double click in the grid to add notes without having to change tools. Or by holding down a modifier key to enable the pencil. Thanks. SD3 is fantastic!  

Thanks for your suggestions! Did you know that you can flip between the tools using keyboard shortcuts? Pointer Tool: 1, Pencil Tool: 2.

Andreas Walfridsson - Toontrack
    UX Designer

Henrik
    Participant

@gary said:

Actually – just press Cmd + Alt (on Mac) / ony Alt (on PC) – to flip the currently used tool 🙂

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

GT_4
    Participant

I would love to be able to hear a preview of the 3rd party samples before importing them without having to exit the standalone app. Something like the instrument search in Superior Drummer 3 would work great.

Also, it would be nice to have a live mode in which you could have large buttons or text with the drum kit or song names for easy load access in an edrum live performance situation. You could also have an instrument mixer on the bottom of the page for on the fly live volume adjustments. It’s too many steps to load presents with one hand while performing. Something similar to the look of the macros would be fine.

Henrik
    Participant

@GT_4 said:
    I would love to be able to hear a preview of the 3rd party samples before importing them without having to exit the standalone app. Something like the instrument search in Superior Drummer 3 would work great. 

So you can’t preview audio files while Superior Drummer 3 is running? Are you using ASIO drivers?

Also, it would be nice to have a live mode in which you could have large buttons or text with the drum kit or song names for easy load access in an edrum live performance situation. You could also have an instrument mixer on the bottom of the page for on the fly live volume adjustments. It’s too many steps to load presents with one hand while performing. Something similar to the look of the macros would be fine.

You can prepare your live presets Save them as User Presets, so that some macro knobs controls the volumes you want to control.
    The idea about bigger texts/headers for e-drum mode is noted!

Toontrack

jorgo stefani
    Participant

For the “e-drum mode ” it would be nice if we can arrange the added instruments to new positions like SD2 to match the e-drum.
    so we can “see” the instruments and not must learn for every Kit where are my – 2. Ride…
    Greetings

Chris Rehn
    Participant

I would love to see Midi Learn function that can “move” an entire instrument (cymbal, tom, snare etc) with all articulations intact to a different pad, and with that move all midi notes, articulations etc to the new corresponding pad you hit.
    I have a Roland TD30KV kit and module that I use with SD3, which works great with the Roland e-drum mapping preset for the factory libraries. But if I want to for instance move Cymbal 1 to be placed on Cymbal 5 for instance, I have to either manually move all articulations to the new midi note positions, which I have no idea how to do since there are 9 articulations for a cymbal. Going thru the midi learn function only allows me to move a single articulation at a time, and since I have no idea where on the physical Roland cymbal pad to hit other than crash and bell, I can´t get the cymbal to work properly if I try to “move” it to a different cymbal pad.

The same goes for X-Drums. If I have an extra pad connected to the aux input of the module and want to add for instance another cymbal, tom, snare or whatever to that pad using an X-Drum, I can only “midi learn” one articulation at a time, making it equally difficult to make it work properly.

So an option inside the midi learn feature to:

– Learn (single articulation – only selected articulation will be moved to the corresponding pad position upon strike)
    – Learn (all articulations – all articulations will be moved and mapped correctly to the corresponding pad upon strike regardless of strike postion)

Olof Westman
    Forum Crew

>…I want to for instance move Cymbal 1 to be placed on Cymbal 5 …

For Cymbal 1, Right-Click menu>More>User Instrument>Save As.
    Then go to Cymbal 5 and load that preset you just saved.

Olof Westman - Toontrack
    Coder

Chris Rehn
    Participant

Thanks a lot Olle! That workaround worked great and was exactly what I was looking for to quickly be able to swap out cymbals to a different pad/position! 🙂

Still hoping for a better midi learn implementation to automatically map all articulations for a selected instrument to a corresponding pad/midi notes by hitting the pad to make working with an e-kit and trying out different kit pieces from various kits in the library and also working with X-Drums a lot easier.

Acolbourn
    Participant

A preset sharing feature directly in the interface would be awesome! Kemper guitar amps do a great job of this where I can browse the top rated user presets and it really expands the software to an entirely new level. Would love to hear the interesting kits you guys come up with!

Henrik
    Participant

@Acolbourn said:
    A preset sharing feature directly in the interface would be awesome! Kemper guitar amps do a great job of this where I can browse the top rated user presets and it really expands the software to an entirely new level. Would love to hear the interesting kits you guys come up with!  

Thanks for the request! It’s always nice when you can discover the works of other to get inspired!

Toontrack

Mike Black
    Participant

@Henrik said:

Actually – just press Cmd + Alt (on Mac) / ony Alt (on PC) – to flip the currently used tool 🙂  

Thanks. I was looking for this. It makes editing much faster.

Viewing 13 replies - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.