Superior Drummer 3 and M1 Mac

Studio Corner
Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Andy7String
    Participant

Hi, did you get an answer, pretty quiet from Toon Track?

Samuel Scott
    Participant

No information yet. From what I’ve been able to find online (which isn’t much) it seems like it will work but I don’t want to invest the money and not be able to use it.

alternateidea
    Participant

I’m running SD3 on an M1 Mac with Big Sur.  It works fine, but it seems like takes a little longer to load up the UI since the UI opens in a kind of minimized state (I’ve noticed other plugins do this too) and expands.

SarahSimm
    Participant

How’s M1 doing? I’m planning to renew my laptop and looking for this beauty. Is it worth the money?

Samuel Scott
    Participant

I would say it depends. For me it’s been pretty good, not perfect. I had a few issues at the beginning (I’m using logic pro x and a behringer ucm404hd audio interface)

1. I couldn’t connect a monitor going from the HDMI on the back of the M1 to the DVI input on the monitor, even though you are supposed to be able to… I wanted a new monitor anyway so it wasn’t a huge deal. I did see in the most recent Big Sur update that this has been addressed, though I haven’t tested it.
    2. Logic projects that were created on my 2012 MB Pro that were using waves plugins would not open or would crash as soon as I hit play. I tried running logic using Rosetta 2 and it was better but it still had some issues. I copied the project and stripped all the plugins out and it seemed to work just fine even when I added waves plugins back into the project… not sure what was going on there, but it’s working for me at the moment running logic with Rosetta.

Hope that helps.

retret66
    Participant

I have a yamaha DTX-PRO module and there is an issue even though I read its compatible but it is not, the midi connection is fine and M1 detects it but just by tapping the pads, 3 other pads gets detected as being hit and none of them indicating that it was on my module…

Thanked by: markusveralius
    LancerSpuncer
    Participant

Maybe the problem is with faulty hardware?

Rod Rok
    Participant

just bought it and it works a treat  , now Im waiting for MOTU  to get BIG SUR  running as I getting some clicks  thru the small headphone” outlet ”

Im trying to load up on my imac  ( my second seat licenced)  and use the library on the Mac Mini ,found the library on the MAC MIN  with  BIGSUR  to  ..

works like a charm ….well done Toontracks   !!!!

• This post was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Rod Rok.
    markusveralius
    Participant

I went to a store today to try out some kits. I took along my laptop to test how the DTX-Pro worked with EZ Drummer and I had this exact problem you described. When triggering the sounds inside the DTX-pro, there is no issue. However, when triggering EZ Drummer with the Yamaha preset selected, I also noticed that multiple other pads would play and the graphics would animate on the ez drummer screen.

Did you resolve this problem? It does seem to be an issue – there are two posts I’ve found already commenting on this problem on the Toontrack website alone.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.