Superior Drummer 2.0, Installing EZDrummer sample library fails

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • David Price
    Participant

I have a very similar set-up to you – FL Studio 11.1.1 with Superior Drummer 2.4.1 (only updated from 2.4.0 this morning). I tried to install the Jazz and the Latin EZX kits from the DVDs, but they just seemed to hang for ages, even when ‘installing as Administrator’. I ended up downloading the products from the website after registering the products at Toontrack.com. I installed the EZXs normally from the downloaded files and didn’t do anything special. They both worked fine.
    I already have quite a few SDXs and I had a couple of EZXs as well. They all work fine and I didn’t do anything special. I also have my SSD as my system drive, but all my programs and the sample libraries are also on the system SSD. I suspect that that may be your problem, but I don’t know for sure.
    Good luckLatin-EZX-Screenshot.jpg

Jazz-EXZ-screenshot.jpg

Tiles
    Participant

Thanks David :)

Should’ve said that i have DVD’s here, not the download version. I have meanwhile made even a clean reinstall. Uninstalled everything, cleaned my registry, installed everyhting from scratch with just the default settings, no luck. The problem is not that the DVD hangs. But the installer simply refuses to accept Superior Drummer it seems, and searches for the EZDrummer installation instead. Which of couse does not exist since i have Superior Drummer installed.

Hm. Sounds like it could work to register my dvd’s and try it with the download instsaller. Let’s have a look if that helps :)

Tiles
    Participant

Yes, that was it. The download version installs just fine. Thanks for help :)

What’s a bit disturbing is that it installs to C now. Without a way to install it to another direction. But that’s something i have to live with i guess.

David Price
    Participant

You are very welcome. I a really glad you got it working. I updated my laptop with a 500 GB SSD (from 250GB) before I installed Superior Drummer just so I could ‘keep it all together’ to avoid just the problems you have had. I am glad I did now.
    Now I am thinking of adding the EZKeys Essential Piano collection (Grand, Upright, Wurlitzer and Rhodes) plus the Retro Classic Electrics. Um, maybe I should have gone for a 750GB. Ah well.Smile
    Cheers,
    Dave

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.