Superior Drummer 2.0 Explained

Studio Corner
Viewing 9 replies - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Scott
    Participant

Sorry (again) for the delay.
    here is what I was told:

It really just depends on the path between their ISP and our server. It really can be totally different for people based on their location and what particular route the data takes from our server, through the web and to their service provider. We don’t limit bandwidth at all though, so we dish it out as fast as the data will flow.

So there it is. They open the valve as much as possible.

[erased by the idiot who posted it]

Scott

-Mac Studio (2023)–  Apple M2 Max
    -macOS Ventura Version 13.6
    -Logic Pro 10.7.9 
    -64 GB Ram 
    -Universal Audio Apollo 8 (UAD2 DUO) – max sample rate supported: 192
    -typical buffer /  typical sample rate:  128 / 44.1
    -External drives:
    *SanDisk  2TB USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A/Type-C Portable SSD  
    *Glyph 3TB HD w/  USB-C/3.0/2.0 Compatibility
    *OWC 2TB Aura P12 Pro NVME M.2 SSD housed in OWC Express 4-slot 4M2 M.2 NVME Thunderbolt 3 ports
    -Midi Controllers:  M-Audio Keystation 88, Novation 61SL

Scott

But (as I understand it) the “definition” of side chaining is basically combining a dry signal with a heavily compressed signal.

Scott, what you’re talking about is called parallel compression…I think

Side chaining is when an external audio signal is used to trigger the compressor. Like when ‘ducking’ is used in radio, for example. The disc jockey’s mic is sent to the compressor’s side chain while the music is also sent to the compressor. The disc jockey’s voice triggers the compressor to turn down the music.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Scott
    Participant

Dood.
    You’re totally right … I was still on my first pot of coffee!
    My bad. Scott’s right. I’m wrong!

-Mac Studio (2023)–  Apple M2 Max
    -macOS Ventura Version 13.6
    -Logic Pro 10.7.9 
    -64 GB Ram 
    -Universal Audio Apollo 8 (UAD2 DUO) – max sample rate supported: 192
    -typical buffer /  typical sample rate:  128 / 44.1
    -External drives:
    *SanDisk  2TB USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A/Type-C Portable SSD  
    *Glyph 3TB HD w/  USB-C/3.0/2.0 Compatibility
    *OWC 2TB Aura P12 Pro NVME M.2 SSD housed in OWC Express 4-slot 4M2 M.2 NVME Thunderbolt 3 ports
    -Midi Controllers:  M-Audio Keystation 88, Novation 61SL

dthgtr
    Participant

Thanks Scott and Scott.

Friday is payday so as long as I have the extra cash I should be purchasing it this weekend.That will leave me plenty of time for any download.

The example Scott gave (on side chaining) is the one I have seen time and time again.So like I said I understand the what and the why,I just need to see some type of demo on how to and under what circumstances one would use it say in S2 (or any other mixing situation).
    Just trying to broaden my understanding.

Anyways,thanks again.

Later.

2004 Fender American Stratocaster Marshall MG 250 Digitech GNX4 Guitar Workstation Novation Impuse 49 Scarlett 8i6 Presonus Eris 5 monitors Sonar X3 Pro Win7 HP 64 Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Intel i5 3470(3rd gen) 3.2GHz 16GB RAM (2)1TBHDD

dthgtr
    Participant

Just wanted to say I finally got S2 Explained today.
    I haven’t gone through all of it yet but I’m quite pleased with what I have watched so far.Well worth the money.

Being able to access a tutorial offline is a real convienence also.

So I just wanted to give you a kudos.

Later.

2004 Fender American Stratocaster Marshall MG 250 Digitech GNX4 Guitar Workstation Novation Impuse 49 Scarlett 8i6 Presonus Eris 5 monitors Sonar X3 Pro Win7 HP 64 Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Intel i5 3470(3rd gen) 3.2GHz 16GB RAM (2)1TBHDD

nathanr411
    Participant

could not finish watching it….I only watched what I needed to know cuz not only was the host accent so incredible aggravating but also, the way he talks to the user is also So unnecessary!! I refuse to hear that guy say AGAIN… “Well how about a little less talkin and a bit more action” And the best one… ” Rock and Roll Y’all welcome back” UGH!!!
    Guys, It is true what they say, If you cant say something nice then don’t say it at all…. But I am king at buying tutorials and learning all my programs this way. and by far this guy makes it feel like he’s talking to a fucking 3rd grader. Its almost as if he is yelling everything at you. So my vote is for all you English guys out there, making tutorials…. I’m on your side…. This guy made superior drummer look like its a toy.

So here is a question…
    What about the guy all over youtube and toontrack site who has the Swedish accent who demonstrate Ezdrummer & superior? I can listen to that guy talk all day? If he were to make a tutorial like Groove 3 inc. did, I would be watching it right now instead of bitching about this guy who explains superior as if it were a fucking oxy-clean commercial.

Nathan Rice

nathanr411
    Participant

And WTF? Why was there a tutorial for every DAW under the sky but cubase?

Man Im sorry, Cuz I’m just realizing that guy I was heavily bitching about is you….. Well it looks like Im your first complaint so what do I know right? And I apologize for some of my unnecessary comments. I’m the asshole here cuz your giving knowladge to others and Im being the douch bag with his arms folded shaking his head…. But after thinking about it I bet your next video will be better. Just keep it simple….. And not so casual next time.

Nathan Rice

Jeekem
    Participant

Total newbie.  This is my 1st post.  I’m watching the Groove3 videos now.
    So far it is great but I was disappointed there was no S2 with Sonar chapter.
    (You guys never come up into the hills!)
    Does Cakewalk have a tiny market share or something?
    (I’m enjoying the rest of it. It is really helpful)
    Thank you Scott!

JeeKem

Jeekem
    Participant

Hey Scott- I loved the Superior Drummer 2 course over at Groove3.
    This month they are having a $99.00 sale on their all-access pass. Your courses are a big part of the reason I bought the one-year all-access pass last year and why I just renewed it today.
    I don’t mean to be plugging them here but for $99.00 you can have access to EVERY course on their site for a year.
    I refer to your SD2 course all the time for refresher lessons. If you need to learn anything about music and/or related production software: VSTs, synths, DAWs, effects, etc. etc. etc. this is what you could use to do so.
    This is a steal. This has been the best $99.00 investment that I’ve ever made. (EXCEPT, OF COURSE, for the times I invested in purchasing Beatstation, EXDrummer, Superior Drummer 2, EZKeys, EZXs, SDXs, MIDI packs and presets from TOONTRACK!!!) I’d have to say that if ToonTrack didn’t put out such great in-depth, done thought of every damn thing, infinitley customizable genius software the Groove3 wouldn’t have anything worthwhile to teach anyone about.

I hope the shameless b-nosing in the last line makes it ok to post this here. (I really did learn a lot from the courses you have done though- so Thank You for that!)

JeeKem

Viewing 9 replies - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.