One day only: 17 classic EKX expansions at up to 40% off!*

Straight comping pop/rock EZKeys MIDI

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Tom
    Participant

I have loads of straight forward piano backing in styles in Band in a Box. For fun I tried to make 4 or 8 bar piano midis from different styles and imported them in EZKeys. I guess you could make a complete library of simple backing piano that way. But in addition to the time involved in doing so, I also wonder about copyright. You are allowed to produce midi music with Band in a Box, but what if you made a library like this? Would it be too much theft of their styles?

Anyway, I am sure they would not sue you if it was only for personal use.

Just wish PG Music would make something like EZKeys for a single instrument that could use their styles directly in a DAW.

Juicy
    Participant

Is this not it Fizbin ?
    EZ keys Midi>Basic Chords>Eight notes Straight/Swing
    Cant get any more basic .I am now playin with the new Blues pack
    Edit>>
    Quarter and Half note Chords in that same folder as well

Jay Coover
    Participant

Well, sort of. I’d like a little more feel than is offered on those. They sound robotic or at least like I could have dropped them in with a mouse. Not impressed on that folder.

Listen to the examples I’ve linked to in the OP.

This request may sound a bit limiting, but there are actually a ton of variations on this simple theme.

SD 2.3 NY vol 2/Metal Foundry/C & V/Roots 1 & 2/Music City Latin Percussion/Funkmasters/The Classic/Jazz/Pop!/#1 Hits/Electronic/Twisted/Claustrophobic EZKeys 1.1 with all the trimmings

Juicy
    Participant

Sure, just didn’t mention that folder in your post so i did not know if you missed em-
    Our House is perhaps the best of showing the accents/variations that they should have given us in the extensive midi by now.

A lot of the variation and feel in others come from the left hand not the straighter right hand,sure Logical Song has accents and one other has some length on the fourth beat but yeah i do get it, playing it is heaps better and faster unless you just cant.

That is partly my problem with EZK, i am not lazy nor uninspired and don’t need really basic stuff, sure ok some of you need/want it .The New Blues pack is good but really is just like dipping your feet in the water.I hope they go a bit further but at this point we will need about 4 or 5 add ons of each style to really cover them fully.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.