Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Standalone version not installed (MacOS)

EZdrummer Pre-sales
Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • john_77
    Participant

tryed still same problm

Scott

tryed still same problm

Please use the Toontrack Product Manager to install.

https://www.toontrack.com/product-manager/

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

gruizy2k
    Participant

I have the same problem. I installed the program using Product Manager. I have Big Sur 10.13.6 on Apple Mini Mac I7 (2018). One technician from a store tried to help but no luck. I believe it has to do with the OS not compatible, or some update needed.

John

Hi,

there should be no problem using the Product Manager on Big Sur if you’re on Intel, and even if you have an M1, it should be fine running in Rosetta 2.
    I’m running all current Toontrack products on Big Sur 11.3.1.

I’m curious, if you do not have Toontrack folder in Applications, where do you run the Toontrack Product Manager from?

And what does the Product Manager tell on the installation info tab for your product (which I assume is Ezdrummer 2)? Is it possible for you to provide a screen shot?

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Jerry Jones
    Participant

Apparently this is an ongoing issue, Toontrack hasn’t figured out a solution for. I’m having same issues after I had to reinstall Protools and I’ve done everything mentioned in the above threads. What now

My I Mac is practically brand new operating system Big Sur 11.

Jerry Jones
    Participant

I need to take back my frustration about this issue because Toontrack contacted my wife the same day but she didn’t see it until the next day and they stayed with her until it was fixed.

At least Toontrack has awesome support team unlike Protools

Thanked by: Scott
    andyrtattoos
    Participant

Seems I’m having the same issue without fixing the issue, Is there a way to get a refund as Ive purchased this as a Christmas gift and its not going to be much fun if its not working. website doesn’t seem to have an easy contact form.

thanks and merry xmas to you all.

Scott

Seems I’m having the same issue without fixing the issue, Is there a way to get a refund as Ive purchased this as a Christmas gift and its not going to be much fun if its not working. website doesn’t seem to have an easy contact form.

thanks and merry xmas to you all.

You can contact Toontrack Support directly via the Contact Support button in the FAQ below.

https://www.toontrack.com/faq/how-do-i-contact-support/

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

andyrtattoos
    Participant

Thanks Scott, Finally its working as standalone but not in logic as an AU.

Michael Pitcher
    Participant

This is happening to me as well, a fresh install mac pro 2019 intel w/Big Sur – I have tried to install / reinstall EZD2 many times, it completes saying that it is successful and that the stand alone was added to the application/toontrack folder (it was and is not) nor is it in launchpad.  The Product manager even says that the standalone is not installed.  I would include a screenshot but this site does not seem to be taking my captures – typical cmd/ctl/shift/4, but won’t take when I paste.  Any way I have tried to reinstall restart apply updates about ten times now, what gives guys, I have spent thousands with you.  This is disappointing and really annoying.  Time to talk to QA?  Fix this quickly, please.

Olof

This is happening to me as well, a fresh install mac pro 2019 intel w/Big Sur – I have tried to install / reinstall EZD2 many times, it completes saying that it is successful and that the stand alone was added to the application/toontrack folder (it was and is not) nor is it in launchpad.  The Product manager even says that the standalone is not installed.  I would include a screenshot but this site does not seem to be taking my captures – typical cmd/ctl/shift/4, but won’t take when I paste.  Any way I have tried to reinstall restart apply updates about ten times now, what gives guys, I have spent thousands with you.  This is disappointing and really annoying.  Time to talk to QA?  Fix this quickly, please.

• The post has been modified 2 years, 3 months ago by Michael Pitcher"> 2 times, last modified 2 years, 3 months ago by Michael Pitcher.

Click “Show Details” in Product Manager and start the installer for the latest software update (not the full installer). In that installer, click the “Customize” button. Does it give you an option for installing the standalone?

Olof Hermansson - Toontrack
    Coder

Michael Pitcher
    Participant

I got this to work.  What is being demonstrated here is familiarity blindness, if product managers think that there is anything intuitive about this install behavior (and the fix) they are wrong, fix the broken process with inaccurate output for the product installation with the Standalone failing to install but informing the user that it installed successfully. I am seeing this more and more in the industry (Are people losing the ability to read and sequentially track?).  The process to fix this behavior is to open Product Manager -> EZDrummer 2 -> show details -> select the latest update (EZdrummer 2 software up for macOS 10.10 or above) -> you may have to download or if the Download button is greyed out (probably from the previous download not being cleaned up) then click on the drop arrow next to the three lines to the right -> install (there is no “Customize” button here), then move through the procedure -> at the Installation Type step there is a “Customize” button and you can choose the plugins and/or standalone EZD2 for installation.  But you don’t have to do this, you can just proceed.  No update information is given at the end of the install but EZD2 is now installed -> verify in launchpad.    I really do like both EZD2 and SD3 but this user experience is broken and any Product Manager worth his or her salt would know this.  Treat your customers with respect and fix this in the next few sprints, as is it is a huge waste of our time.

marianlicko
    Participant

I had same problem you have to reinstall your OS (don’t install Monterey, trust me). After when you install EZDRUMMER 2 it will instal VST, AU and standalone.

sjohnsonsf
    Participant

As a fellow Developer and Audio Engineer, had this issue waste 2 hours of my time today after upgrading PTs and needing to complete a fresh reinstall of EZ Drummer.

THIS is the solution as the 10.10 installer seems to be the true installer. Toonracks Dev, Test, QA, and Product teams all suck. Will be switching to another product after testing some alternatives. Thanks for nothing,

benaoogoo
    Participant

Hi all – its the 3rd May – Ezdrummer 3 is released. Why cant I access it on my product manager?

Thanks

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.