SPEED DOWNLOAD

Product Manager
Viewing 8 replies - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • John

Hi bpaluzzi,

please contact Toontrack Support directly via the ‘Contact support’ button found at the bottom of all FAQ pages if you wish to check if there’s a problem with the CDN close to you, i.e. the server closest to your geographical location.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

bendrumin
    Participant

I start off at 20mb, now stuck at 115kb or so on gig speed fiber both on wifi and hardwired.

Operating system: macOS Big Sur (11)
    Zepnut
    Participant

Hi John.

With the greatest respect you are telling us what should be happening and we are telling you what is happening. Today once again with toontrack, my downloads are appalling. 110Gb estimated to be around 50 hours. I use, NI, East West, all sorts of massive libraries and none are anywhere near as bad as this. It has always been the same.

It is totally fixable so we have to conclude that you don’t want to fix it!

Regards

josesito
    Participant

Hi John.

With the greatest respect you are telling us what should be happening and we are telling you what is happening. Today once again with toontrack, my downloads are appalling. 110Gb estimated to be around 50 hours. I use, NI, East West, all sorts of massive libraries and none are anywhere near as bad as this. It has always been the same.

It is totally fixable so we have to conclude that you don’t want to fix it!

Regards

Is there a reason why a boxed version of Superior Drummer 3 is not being offered? This would really save many clients with slow internet lots of headaches. I think that this move would not only help those w/ slow internet trying to purchase this great software, but it would also increase sales for the company. Please consider selling the box version toontrack!

ian t_1
    Participant

Toontrack you should be taken to court over this…. you’re clearly out of your depth and haven’t got the means to sort this matter out.

People will turn to piracy if you don’t act.

Matt
    Participant

Hi

Just adding to the long line of complains about download speeds. This is an issue that goes back years and is still not fixed.

Just treated myself to three new SD3  packs – Fields of Rock – 161GB, Legacy of Rock – 180GB and Hitmaker – 93GB

Thinking that you guys have still not sorted out your download server backend in 2023 – I kicked off the download last night knowing it will be slow. Sure enough – it was slow. I have a fibre 100MB connection (yes bytes) and it was limited to about 10MB/s. On top of that I got a ‘failed to download’ several times. The whole process took over 24 hours to download HitMaker. I have started the download for Legacy of Rock – at the current rate and stop start – maybe be able to use it tomorrow.

The issue I have is paying money (AUD exchange rate is killing me) and then having to wait 24/48 hour to use the product. I do not have this issue with any other company – Adobe – Native Instruments – Waves etc etc – downloading massive files.

A couple of pictures attached to illustrate the issue. One of them is showing a download of a Windows ISO at the same time just to illustrator the speed and connection reliability.

I have a solution though and it is easily solvable ….
    Move the whole Toontrack teams to Australia – BOOM sorted!!
    Europe is not looking good long term and Australia just makes sense 😉
    Just mention is in the next team meeting and ask for a show of hands – pretty sure everyone will say yes!

Thanks

Matt

[While I was writing this – download failed again]

Operating system: macOS Ventura (13)
    John

Hi Matt,

sorry to hear that. In case you haven’t, please contact Toontrack Support directly via the ‘Contact support’ button found at the bottom of all FAQ pages so they may help to check if there’s a problem with the CDN close to you, i.e. the server closest to your geographical location.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Matt
    Participant

Hi John

I did contact support on this issue.

To put it politely – their response was complete and utterly useless.

Matt

Operating system: macOS Ventura (13)
Viewing 8 replies - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.