SPEED DOWNLOAD

Product Manager
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Olof

Hi. No, there is no other way to download it. If you contact support directly, they can investigate if there is any problem with your route to the download server.

By the way, you have a 100 Mbit/s connection (or 100 Mbps) but the Product Manager shows the download speed in MB/s (megabytes per second).

Olof Hermansson - Toontrack
    Coder

TimJ
    Participant

@Olof said:
    Hi. No, there is no other way to download it. If you contact support directly, they can investigate if there is any problem with your route to the download server.

By the way, you have a 100 Mbit/s connection (or 100 Mbps) but the Product Manager shows the download speed in MB/s (megabytes per second).  

Ive had the same issue for months. Im downloading sd3 and same thing. When I start the download it will be at a top speed of about 1-3 MB/s then after 10 min or so it goes down in the KB/s so I restart the program and it goes up to its top speed for about 10 min again. And that top speed makes 40gigs take about 8 hrs but since I have to vigilantly restart it all the time its more like a day.slow.png

gareth wilson
    Participant

yup, same issue. VERY Annoying.
    It seems as though many people have this problem.
    I dont know why Toontracks havent sorted it out yet.

Steve Danson
    Participant

Hello
    It is April 2019 and the download problem is still not solved. It would be really cool if toontrack woke up!
    Steve from France

Music Man
    Participant

I just bought the program and am downloading now.

If you have an Intel adapter try this – https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005811/network-and-io/ethernet-products.html (experts only)

This actually increased the download speed numbers by about 15-20%.

//

Toontrack.

Still, with as much profit is made on software, a full speed download ticket for each purchase should be build into the cost.  Your ISP(s) can do it.

This throttling for cost or what ever reason takes the joy away of using something you paid for.

Operating system: Windows 10
    Insight
    Participant

I have the problem with downloading for a two days already. My connection speed is 100 mbps but downloading speed is about 300 kbps…WTF, Toontrack ???

Chris Crabtree
    Participant

This has been an issue since Superior Drummer 3 was released. I attributed it to the fact I was trying to download on release day with so many others. Years and I mean years later this is still an issue with users around the world throttled down to less than 10mb/s download speeds. Make sure you save your downloaded files to some external hard drive so you don’t have to down them full files again.

John

Hi guys,

to the best of my knowledge, it isn’t “a” single server, located up in Umeå, Sweden. From what I know, Toontrack pays a CDN to have all downloadable content available as near as possible each person downloading. I.e. if you are located in Asia, you are not downloading from a server in Europe, etc.

So if someone is having recurrent download problems, the best is to contact Toontrack directly. Then they can check where you’re downloading from so they can contact the CDN and tell them to check their end.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Thanked by: Henrik
    Music Man
    Participant

John,

The onus in time and effort should not be on the customer.

Sure, it’s a CDN, but what is the max DL agreement at those CDN sites?

I’ve DL’d from AD and Slate and never had slow DL issues like this.  It’s all on the CDN side, not the customers.

Giovanni Talarico
    Participant

Guys.. I live in a jungle and have a very slow connection in general.. but 90kbps???? I’ll use Superior drummer next year.. come on Toontrack!! Same problem from 2017 (other treads from this very page!).

127hours to download.. 5 days. No way!!

Operating system: macOS High Sierra (10.13)
    SigiZ58
    Participant

I have the same problem, just update a few GB, but speed between 1kb and 150kb. I am in Swizzerland and can not remember it was ever so bad. I have a 100MBit connection and here Modem Speed ? Plz do something with this, that is annoying.

John

Hi,

please see my reply in the other thread you posted.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

KarimMamdouh
    Participant

Hi,

Swiss user here: my DL speed is capped at around 100 kB/s on the Toontrack Product Manager, but my Ookla test speed gives me a 70+ MB/s and I just tested an update on Steam, and it’s downloading at 10 MB/s…

It seems this has been a long-standing issue with Toontrack’s servers, judging by other users’ previous posts on the matter.

I contacted technical support to raise the issue, but after reading this thread, I’m not very optimistic.

Does one need to resort to downloading a legally purchased software via P2P just to have a decent transfer speed? It’s a real shame, as I believe in supporting creators of all types (be it film, music, games or softwares such as Superior Drummer 3, for which just my library update download is currently set to take hundreds of hours…).

Please Toontrack, take this issue seriously.

Thanks and best regards from Geneva, Switzerland,

Karim

qwerty3333
    Participant

how long is ezdrummer supposed to take to download?

bpaluzzi
    Participant

Your server speed is appalling.  I have 900+ Mbps speeds, but I’m only getting 22 MB/s from your servers.

That’s unacceptable.

Operating system: macOS Catalina (10.15)
    • This post was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by bpaluzzi.
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.