Simple… "Learn" acces Buttom like in SD2 .. why so many Steps??

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Henrik
    Participant

without having to click 3 windows to Reach the simple “learn” Option ¡.. why?.. so many clicks ??… simplicity is gone in SD3..

The MIDI mapping options in SD3 are more advanced, since we have separated the incoming MIDI mapping (Settings > MIDI In/E-drums) and the internal MIDI mapping (found in the property box MIDI Mapping on the right side of the drums tab). This made it more complex to add a Learn button straight on the instrument. I agree that the Learn button would be nice to be able to access directly, and we have it on our feature request list.

the mixer is Great.. but I was Happier with SD2 all there… in your face no need for Click another Windows.. then CLick another tab.. and then open ..another window.. then.. Hit learn..

I can’t follow your reasoning here, since entering the mixer requires one click – same as SD2?

The same with Changing the Snare for example.. if I want to change the snare..with the snare of another library I have to click .. Search….? and then a Browser..?? opens.. and Then  I have to find the Library… find the Snare ? why so many “Steps” ???.. why not just like in EZ Drummer 2..?? where in the Same Windows you can … Change the library and choose a Snare just right There..

If you press Alt + R when selecting an instrument (the snare for example) you’ll end up in Search for Instrument. In there you select the library from which you want to see the snares. Then you select the snare, and press Enter. This is the exact same amount of clicks as in EZd2, but you have much more control over what you want to find. You can, for example, find a Tom from another library and place it on the snare drum position, or select to stack any instrument on any instrument position…

To make it even faster, in the text search type in the first letters of the library from where you want to get the new snare, and the suggestion list beneath it should show it. This means you don’t have to find it in the (for some users) long list of libraries.

When you have selected a snare from another library, you can simply swap snares from that library by using the instrument selector, straight above the drum kit.

and is there a way to remove.. Grooves Tab and Tracker Tab ?? hide them? I don’t just them at all..

No, we haven’t implement such a feature – even though I can understand that some would find it nice. There is a line we have to draw regarding what can be changed in the interface, and what can’t, and the simplified answer is that a software that has 1000 settings for changing the interface doesn’t mean it’s better than having 10 🙂

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

• The post has been modified 2 times, last modified 4 years, 3 months ago by Henrik.
    Henrik
    Participant

Note that I’m not saying that your thoughts are wrong, I understand that different users has different wishes for the design. I’m just explaining the ideas behind the design – which isn’t perfect – as no design is, so we are always listening to requests from our users 🙂

Toontrack

mariannekhos3
    Participant

the mixer is much much Better in SD3.. But for many things I found SD2 simpler and faster to use Less Clicks and less Windows to navigate just Better and Simpler.. all there in front of you..

not need to open many windows to get to where you need..

the instrument Browser I don’t like it at all..EZX Drummer 2 it is much better in that respect..for replacing a snare ..or hi hats or anything.

the browser has hundreds of  name.. and to scroll and find the right library the right snare .. I found that too complicated. again EZX Drummer 2 it is much better there.. simpler.

and without the SD2 feature that was called “Nodes” gone in “SD3” i think I will have to still Use SD2 .. I used that feature all the time.. with my V drum..

with the Hit Hats… and I wonder why I cannot make a Stack for the Hit Hats ? I cannot map 1 single note to 2 hit hats ?.. with the same CC4 .. I use it that

all the time in SD2 but I can’t to that anymore in SD3.

and yes.. the old “learn” button in sd2 was just perfect. and simpler.. it felt everything more solid.. and simpler.. I found SD3 too complicated.. and confusing.

in many cases. sorry that is my opinion. the sound it is AMAZING. offcourse.. just AMAZING.. I prefer the Hit hats from the new SDX Death and Darkness than the Hit Hats from the Core Library.. much much better programmed.. too tight the 4 Hit Hats for the Core Library,  and when you move the CC4 sounds strange like a phase thing.. SDX Death and Darkness  does not do that.. I think it is the programmed X-fades when the transitions occur when going from Open 5 to Open 4..  it should be smoother.. “SDX Death and Darkness” the hit hats are perfect, and in “the rock foundry” too and “The Progressive Foundry” too “Metal Machinery” too… perfect..  it does not make any strange. sound.. when you move the Hit Hats CC4.  I said that in another post.. when someone didn’t understood what I was saying about the hi hats CC4 transitions (x-fade) from open 5 to open 4 nd to open 3.. etc…

I think SD3 needs more simplicity.. like Logic Pro X simple to use.. simple to the eye.. but if you want to go really deep .. you can..

I don’t think.. users want to click many time to get 1 single task done.

and One more thing, Why in the Mixer.. there is not.. “effect” for converting.. ” Mono to Stereo ” ? to apply a Stereo Reverb ? to a mono CHannel like the top snare? I have to send it to a bus to do that?.. and maybe the Mixer needs More.. Effects.. like the logic pro x “Stereo Spread” and “Directional Mixer” and “mono to stereo” to apply stereo effects.. like delay.. and reverbs..

all in all it has a lot of potencial SD3 but I feel it is not quite there yet.. the “gui” is great.. but.. it needs simplicity. less clicks. less windows. open.

and why I cannot move the Right “Box View” to the left? for example.. instead of the right?..  and maybe and option for..using “third party” VST in the mixer?.. .. that could be a  killer feature. to insert FAB Filter pro Q 2.. in any channel.. man.. that will make it .. just.. fantastic..

Oh.. one more thing.. the Release from the “Envelope and Offset” can’t go above 2000.ms. why?? a raid sound.. lasts like 10 seconds?…

mariannekhos3
    Participant

and “Voice and Layer” in SD2 had the option to save presets.. that it gone to in SD3.. i cannot save presets in the “voice and layer” box like in SD2.

and I think that EZX libraries and SDX libraries should have the words.. EZX in the begginning of the Texts.. so things  don’t get too messy..

if I click the “Superior Library TAB” they are all ordered by name.. and that is confusing too.. EZX at the start of all names and SDX or I don’t know maybe “PRO” libraries the start of the Libraries names.. so.. everything it is simpler to find..

Henrik
    Participant

Thanks for all the input. I will take notes of your ideas and will consider them for future updates!

Toontrack

mariannekhos3
    Participant

thank you ¡

mariannekhos3
    Participant

I have to Click.. or Navigate to 3 windows popups to get to my presets…
    Screen-Shot-2019-12-14-at-10.09.44-PM

not very efficient

Thanked by: Henrik
    Henrik
    Participant

I’ll add that to the list too 🙂

Toontrack

mariannekhos3
    Participant

Thank you very much Henrik for listening. and taking notes. I think..

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.