SDX Updates?

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Scott

http://www.toontrack.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=121945

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

stephenpaulharper
    Participant

“Others do not/cannot be updated with such support so they will be coming out last, but not to cater for mute tails.”

I’m afraid the meaning of this is eluding me.

Thanks for the reply.

Steve

Windows 10, REAPER, ADK edrums, Mimic Pro and DDTi TMIs

stephenpaulharper
    Participant

Considering the amount of money I’ve spent with Toontrack, this is really lousy customer support.  I ask a question and with no verbiage, get directed to a 2 post thread, and the official response is in broken English.  But I gather that some of the SDXs didn’t record actual cymbal chokes, so this feature is not forthcoming in all of the SDXs.  This is always going to be the case as long as you keep recycling EZXs as SDXs.  You need to get your best team (Chris and Peter) to get to work on some new material that will take advantage of the performance features of SD2.3x.  It was a stupid oversight to not record chokes tails.  BFD has had this feature for years.  Do you not keep abreast of what the competition has to offer?  Anyway, I’d appreciate knowing which SDXs can’t be updated.

Steve

John

Hi,

I am sorry but your last question was posted during the Holidays where Support resources are low and I, for one, missed it now when trying to catch up.
    Though I can’t give you that list, I can tell you that SDX:s were starting to be recorded about 7 years ago and the implementation of Mute Tails was released less than 3 months ago.
    It may not be a matter of not having recorded Cymbal Mutes but having Mutes that work as well as expected for a Toontrack product with the new feature. So it may still be WIP. And for those products that can’t be updated, the Envelope choke does still work.
    Don’t take this as an Official statement though, it is me assuming.
    As for the English part; most of us aren’t native English speaking but hopefully we can make ourselves understood anyway?
    Just ask again (as you did) and we’ll sort it out.

Best Regards,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

stephenpaulharper
    Participant

Thanks for the response John.  Don’t take the broken English part personally, it was just worded strangely.  I pretty much guessed what you meant.  Unfortunately, I can’t get the envelope method to work for me on my edrums, but those that can complain that it’s unrealistic.  It’s just frustrating; Superior plays the best on edrums of all the VSTs I’ve tried, yet is saddled with puzzling constraints and lack of features.  Many of these features are a staple of other drum software products.  I figure unless someone takes the time to complain, nothing will be done about it.  BTW, you might was well change the name of the Edrum Workshop to ‘MOVED’ as rarely does a legitimate edrum issue actually get posted there.

Thanks again.

Steve

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.