SD3 – why not having several product options like Elements (New Engine)/Standard(Engine+Stereo Core sounds) /Advanced (Engine+Surround Core sounds) with several price tags?

Superior Drummer 3 Pre-sales
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Juicy
    Participant

I understand the model you are saying like iZotope.And its a cool way to market or sell/cater to all.
    I don’t do or imagine Surround drums but if George Massenburg thinks they are hot,
    Plus you can fold them down to use them as stereo too ( if thats correct) they may be Mad good additions to have.
    As part of a full stereo mix some of those High Mics will be just awesome.
    For me I’m going to get fully immersed into it.

Yaron Feinberg
    Participant

The issue is I don’t care for Core sounds, I care for best functionality of the Engine with my desired SDX sounds that I personally selected to purchase according to my own taste.
    I think it should be the opposite, let everyone enjoys the latest versions with its wonderful functional capabilities for low price,
    and let each one decide for his own which SDX’s to purchase.
    All the effort done into the core sounds + surround sounds, should have been addressed to a new SDX libraries.

The high Upgrade price is already taking in account all the recording efforts of the core sounds + the high GB size it takes + servers needs to supports the uploading of 230GB for the purchases downloads…

If customer could pay for only the SW upgrade itself then everyone would be benefit by paying according to his needs and financial capabilities.

Ralph Kersten
    Participant

I understand your point, but I see it different. The price (update AND new purchase) is absolutely ok for a piece of Software like SD, although I can’t judge version 3 yet.
    But SD2 is definitely a product Pro’s can use although I didn’t liked the outdated GUI (and wished TT would have released more interm. updates)

That’s my perspective: I buy the core software for the announced price and everything else (extensive library, 11.1, etc.) is a nice add-on on top of that which I can use or not.

Let’s assume the next to be paid update is SD4 and it may be released 10 years from now (what I don’t hope), it is quite less what you pay for each month.

Yaron Feinberg
    Participant

I’m not winning about the price of the product as a whole.
    “For what it offers it sounds reasonable” – that’s maybe true, and maybe for some guys and others not.
    But the point is – I’m not talking about how much it’s worth as a whole, or how much it is if I spread it over 10 years as other mentioned.
    My point is that I will be happy to have the new features that I already familiar and used to have in my EZDrummer 2 that are now adopted into the SD3 engine.
    Not looking for new Core sounds.
    Maybe I’m alone with this opinion but are the new SW engine worth the 200$ upgrade price from SD2? – FOR ME – no!
    That’s why I raised this issue – I’m missing here an option to upgrade only the SW and I’ll be happy to pay a fair price of this SW update (Regarding the engine).
    Trying to force the full price of over doing expensive productions expenses of 6 new kits (That I don’t need / want) + 11.1 Surround (+Studio costs +Producers/Engineers/Players/Working on the sounds +having servers allowing downloading of 230GB) doesn’t seems like should be the only option to have as a base product.
    I think if the development of the new SW (That mostly borrowed from EZD2) is 40% (Just for example of course) of the total production cost of SD3, then it sounds reasonable to me to offer another upgrade option that includes only the new SW and will cost 40% of the upgrade price.
    I wish to have this option and I’ll be the first one to jump on it.
    Currently all I’m saying the for me it is not worth the 200$.
    Maybe for someone else too.
    Just wanted to raise it so maybe Toontrack are listening and rethinking of having other options as well.

GateJ
    Participant

Jerome_F +1 !!!
    We need these options !!
    I have The Progressive Foundry (huge and quality bank : 63 Go) that i love and i’m only interesting in the new core engine, that’s all
    (and if you don’t have the place in your hard drive, you must add the price of a new one) The pack complete SD3 + new drive is too expensive without the option of separating add-ons)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.