SD3 v3.1.7 + Logic Pro X 10.4.8 + Gui Bug Very Slow

Studio Corner
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • John

Hi,

I am running Logic 10.4.8 on macOS 10.14.6 with SD3.1.7 and do not see that kind of laggy behaviour.

I have tried using attached low-res and hi-res screens as well as using just the built-in screen on my MBP and I can’t replicate – unless I select the Color LCD Color Profile instead of the sRGB IEC61966-2.1. If I use the Color LCD profile, I get a laggier behaviour but not as bad as yours.
    Did you already try changing the Color Profile for your screen?

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

mariannekhos3
    Participant

yes i have tried that before, changing the color profiles.. all of them and nothing.. =( .. i didn’t know i needed a Video Graphic Card to run SD3 smoothly:strange I don’t get those problems with kontakt or other plugins.. only sd3..  I think something should be better optimize for old imacs.. or macs in general..only the graphics.. maybe an option to disable some visual effects.. on sd3 for mac only.. I don’t know..  it runs very mac on my 2 macs.. and imac.. and a old mac book pro too..  sad there’s no solution for it.

Bear-Faced Cow
    Participant

I’ve already told you before, there’s something in your system. My system’s specs are not too different from yours and SD3 runs smoothly. It is also running smoothly with no graphics lag on a MBP that is older and has only 8GB of RAM. If it were a bug, it would appear on that system especially.

I’ve also mentioned that CoreAudio will take processes from everywhere else (that includes graphics) in order to ensure that audio runs smoothly. This is especially true with Logic.

Clean up everything your system is running in the background.

jord

Jordan L. Chilcott

Web Site: https://jordanchilcottmusic.com/

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.