SD3 interface – change colors?

Product Manager
Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Henrik
    Participant

@LeanderL said:
    Bought the SD3 upgrade now. Is it possible to change interface colors? Everything is so black.

There is only one color scheme available.

PS SD2 had an “alternate” setting for bassdrums…left right left right…or you could disable that and only one bass drum was used unless you entered different midi numbers. Where’s this setting in SD3?

The property box Hit Variations is what use to be called Humanize in SD2 🙂 The function “Use Alternate Hits” is what you are looking for.

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

LeanderL
    Participant

Thank you!

Another question: I’ve just downloaded part 1 and part 2 of the sounds. Should I also download part 3? I do not have a surround system and I am an amateur musician only. Should I still download all parts? Will I even hear something with just stereo monitors? If I hear something, how do you mix surround drums without a surround system? I lack knowledge here.

SeelenPuls ~ Poetic metal from Austria: SeelenPuls.at
    Grummelgnom ~ Sociocritical metal from the forest: Grummelgnom.at

Scott

If you only have a stereo setup (I do), you can use the surround channels as extra room mics. They are varied in sound (to my ears) to make them a worthwhile addition.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

LeanderL
    Participant

Thanks! I read somewhere else that you can use these channels even without download the sound. Maybe I’ll test it as I have a fast internet connection.
    EDIT Oh wow, now my midi tempo changes are automatically found!!! Thanks for this! I select a midi and play it back and the tempo changes are there. Awesome! 🙂

Miroslav
    Participant

@LeanderL said:
    Bought the SD3 upgrade now. Is it possible to change interface colors? Everything is so black. 

Laugh
    Yeah…it’s like some new design thing with many plugs/apps…they are made very dark/black/gray…very hard to see things with them.
    Not sure why this obsession lately dark and somber user interfaces.
    It’s one reason I stay away from Izotope stuff…their GUIs are VERY dark, and hard to see anything on them…kinda stupid IMO.

LeanderL
    Participant

The good thing is that SD3 and Metal Foundry have PNG backgrounds and graphics for kit pieces. I don’t like the Metal Foundry logo so I just replaced it with SD3 background 🙂

You can also edit a bassdrum graphic and add your band logo. 🙂

Miroslav
    Participant

Where are you finding the actual drum PNG files?
    I was looking through the Graphics images of the libraries, and the images in the folders don’t seem to represent any of the images I see in the interface.
    Maybe I’m looking in the wrong place…?

LeanderL
    Participant

Go to your audio library of SD3, then go to the SL-SuperiorDrummer3GraphicsV3 folder. The file background.png is the background image for the whole drum room. The latest update for MetalFoundry also has that file…I don’t want to use the default MF image because I don’t like the logo…so I just replaced the MetalFoundry background with the standard SD3 background. Now every MF kit has background “SD3 Core” background.

The GraphicsV3 folder has pngs for all kit pieces. Haven’t tried it yet but I am pretty sure you can edit them, replace colors, add your own band logo to the kickdrum etc.

BIll Pillmore
    Participant

ON a MAC.  How do I change the background of EZdrummer 3 – It’s too hard to read.

Operating system: macOS Monterey (12)
Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.