SD3 feature request: Move MIDI User Libraries on top in Grooves panel

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Scott Distelhurst
    Participant

There’s a workaround to this. If you open the Toontrack Midi folder and set it up with these folders:

0000000@_USER
    0000000@USER_MIDI

It will look like this:

Screen-Shot-2017-10-05-at-1.34.26-AM.png

Then, Just drop all your files into the folder called “0000000@USER_MIDI” And you’re all set!

Make sure you go into settings/advanced and “restore MIDI database” 🙂

You can customize the contents and separate them by adopting the TT folder system with “@” denoting a folder and “@_” denoting a Header.

Erwin Ew
    Participant

Thanks for your comment, scdbs.

Yes, I used this trick with Superior Drummer 2. However, SD3 now supports a new “User Libraries | User MIDI” in the Grooves panel with more and new functionalty:
    1. SD3 contains a new “Add subfolders” button on the User MIDI to create new directories inside SD3. That’s not available on “Factory” Midi directories.
    2. SD3 contains a new “Sync File Changes” button on the User MIDI to synchronize file changes on disk. That’s also not available on Midi directories.
    3. Manually modifying the Midi directory requires a restart of SD3. That’s not needed with the “User Midi” which can be used inside SD3.
    4. The “restore MIDI database” is an emergency button, because it erases all favorites and rebuilds the MIDI database.

I like the new “User MIDI” directory and is a great improvement compared with SD2. So my feature request is to put this folder on top of the list. Kiss

Magical Dog
    Blocked (Banned)

Thanks for your comment, scdbs.

Yes, I used this trick with Superior Drummer 2. However, SD3 now supports a new “User Libraries | User MIDI” in the Grooves panel with more and new functionalty:
    1. SD3 contains a new “Add subfolders” button on the User MIDI to create new directories inside SD3. That’s not available on “Factory” Midi directories.
    2. SD3 contains a new “Sync File Changes” button on the User MIDI to synchronize file changes on disk. That’s also not available on Midi directories.
    3. Manually modifying the Midi directory requires a restart of SD3. That’s not needed with the “User Midi” which can be used inside SD3.
    4. The “restore MIDI database” is an emergency button, because it erases all favorites and rebuilds the MIDI database.

I like the new “User MIDI” directory and is a great improvement compared with SD2. So my feature request is to put this folder on top of the list. Kiss

I would also like to have the User MIDI on top and same goes for the User Preset menu !

There should also be a button for adding all to database instead of having to click and wait for each and every MIDI groove library after every time that you’ve clicked the Restore MIDI database button under the advanced menu setting.

C’Mon Toontrack – let’s make this software truly Superior 😉

"If you can make it 100%, why not do it !"
    -Buddy Rich

LDG
    Participant

and add Genres to user midi and 3rd party libraries!

djabthrash
    Participant

+1

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.