SD3 adding articulations

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Henrik
    Participant

Check the Velocity Gate box right of the drum kit. If it’s not visible you need to go to the Show menu above and check Velocity Gate to make it visible.
    With that box visible, select the “rim click” articulation in the Articulations drop down list, and set the gate to 1 to 40.
    Then select the x stick and set gate to 41 to 126, and last select rimshot and set gate to 127 to 127.
    This requires all the used articulations to be gathered in the same instrument to be able to split like this to one MIDI note.

Reply back here if you can’t make it work!

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

Matthew Kudirka
    Participant

Rim Shot at 127 always works. I can still only get one of the others to work at a time. I have always been using the Gate property.

so with it set to these parameters…

1-40 rim only. You can hear this at these velocities.
    41-126 x stick you hear nothing at these velocities
    127 rimshot plays perfect.

So at this point I click learn for xStick and learn it. now x stick works at the correct velocities. And Rim only is silent at it’s assigned velocities.

I’ll apologize now that I’m a complete midiot.

Juicy
    Participant

I tried this and “thought ” it was working fine but NO its not right. Certainly not via e Kit playing and still testing just the internal engine but seems
    to not work at all.

Juicy
    Participant

Henrik I think you needed to mention one thing “Stacking”
    Thats the answer
    it won’t work as expected as the articulations are normally assigned different midi numbers and that seems to override.
    Once i stacked the same drum with its other articulations i could get the gate to work as described
    ( Unload all the articulations perhaps first ? as the Ram is wasted and doubled up )
    Thank me laterCool

Edit>
    Watch the mixer as it does create a few fader and your bleeds get an extra Stack bleed level and they may not just be perfect .

Henrik
    Participant

@matthew sloggett said:
    Henrik I think you needed to mention one thing “Stacking”

Ah, obviously! I forgot to mention that in my post 🙂

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

Matthew Kudirka
    Participant

thanks, that was it. Yes. Stacking was the part I was missing. I thought you only had to stack Articulations that were’t already there. Thanks guys.

rholder
    Participant

I realize this is a super old post but i’m hoping I get a response.
    This may be a stupid question. i’m a newbie at this.

Do you have to create a stack for each individual articulation?

One for rim, one for xstick and one for rimshot?

Thanks in advance!!

Juicy
    Participant

For the use above yes you stack it to the original hit/drum. Give it a go its fairly easy once you try it.

Matthew Kudirka
    Participant

I actually didn’t need to create a separate stack for Rimshot. It just worked when I set up the other 2.

when I select the snare drum, I then see 2 other instances of the snare.
    One is the rim click set at 1-40
    Second is the XStick set at 41 – 126
    Rimshot just worked at 127 so I left it alone. lol.

Ray_68
    Participant

Check the Velocity Gate box right of the drum kit. If it’s not visible you need to go to the Show menu above and check Velocity Gate to make it visible.
    With that box visible, select the “rim click” articulation in the Articulations drop down list, and set the gate to 1 to 40.
    Then select the x stick and set gate to 41 to 126, and last select rimshot and set gate to 127 to 127.
    This requires all the used articulations to be gathered in the same instrument to be able to split like this to one MIDI note.

Reply back here if you can’t make it work!

hello Henrik, I tried the said parameters and I’m having a problem with the”rim only” – there is no sound coming out if i hit only the rim in low velocity… Can you please explain why this is so.

TIA!

• This post was modified 4 years ago by Ray_68.
Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.