Today only – 40% off 18 selected EZXs.*

Today only – 40% off 18
selected EZXs.

Today only – 40% off 18 selected EZXs.*

SD falling behind EZD??

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • lchalk
    Participant

I am a happy owner of both EZ Drummer 2 and Superior Drummer 2. Although I would love to lean how to process drums and dial in the exact sound I want but that is not my original reason for buying superior; I bought it so I could get a midi lean function so I could use my expanded e-kit (nothing too fancy, a DTX582 with 2 extra toms and 2 extra symbols). So my problem is the opposite of yours, I want midi learn in EZ Drummer. I still like playing with superior but I would rather be able to use my EZX completely in EZ Drummer. I do feel that after I upgraded, I got some much new needed features but I also lost something too. I don’t mind using both tools. I don’t mind buying both the EZX and the SDX version. All I want to do it play my whole kit in EZ drummer 2. I own EZ Drummer 2, Superior Drummer 2, Addictive Drums 2, and BDF3 and EZ Drummer 2 is the only one that can’t do it. Crazy thing it is still my favorite of all of them but that one limitation forces me to use something I don’t like as much when I want a bigger kit.

Sorry for hijacking your thread to rant, I do feel your pain, If your playing drums and not programming them Ez Drummer 2 is a much better experience than anything else out there (unless you modified your e-kit from stock)!

Stephen Marshall
    Participant

I agree with OP. I’ve already mentioned something similar. The flagship product should have these features. It’s not even a question of expense, as I’d pay for the update. It’s inconvenient to have to use EZd for the composition / tracking stage and switch to SD for the final sound, and even more so when you consider the EZ kits have les pieces and less dynamics, it means your parts will never sound the same when you switch to SD 2.0 and you still end up making final adjustments in your DAWs piano roll. Those of us who have reasonably powered pcs can use SD through the compositional and tracking stages at extremely low latency and mix as we go. Saves a whole lot of time. but you STILL want those compositional features and midi editing features from EZd. I have even toyed with the idea of ditching SD 2.0 and using only EZd2 for the sake of convenience but there is a very noticeable gap in realism between the 2. Superior IS superior and not just by a slim margin.

I have faith that TT will make us SD users happy

metalriffer
    Participant

Greetings!
    I started with EZD1, then used Addictive Drums for my last couple of projects. Toontrack has some midi packs that I wanted, especially the Library of the Extreme, so I bought one of these packs (which said it would work with EZD) and after installing the new pack I was instructed by the product manager that I needed to upgrade my software. I then crossgraded to SD2. My kits sound awesome (especially Metal Machine) and I love the new midi files (Blasts and Fills) but I don’t see a way to organize my midi library.
    Addictive Drums lets the user mark beats as “favorites” and put them on a “short list”, which I find very useful. It also has a grid search for finding patterns. When I am auditioning beats and fills in SD2, how to I make note of the ones that I want to use in a project? Or am I just supposed to somehow memorize the whole library?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Kind regards,
    Sarah Spisak
    Metal Method

www.MetalRiffs.com

lchalk
    Participant

Update, After my rant I got really irritated so I decided to figure out how to get around my issue. I use reaper as my DAW and I found http://amano-guitar.blogspot.com/2012/03/using-reaper-midikeymap.html which allowed me to use a plugin to do my midi mapping. I though the concept of re-mapping my brain offensive but this plug in is an acceptable solution…but it sure wasn’t the EZ way to get it done.

I do agree entirely that superior is an all around better and more powerful product. Superior does do many thing that EZ does not but EZ drummer does a couple key features (composition is the major one) that I use a lot that superior doesn’t have. I usually don’t rant on finish that much; function and fit are far more important but the finish of EZ is so nice that it is hard to ignore. I just like working with it. If Superior looked as nice as EZ I would like it more. I talk myself out of using superior just for the UI. I just tell myself EZ is good enough for whatever I am doing. If I am showing off my setup to my friends, I start with EZ because it looks so cool. Superior just doesn’t have that cool factor that EZ has and that is a shame.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.