Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

SD 3, Library Location, Updates and SDX, EZX Installations

Product Manager
Viewing 13 replies - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Frank
    Participant

Hi, I’m having an issue using product manager when i try to update SD3 Library from 1.0 to 1.20. It says Operation not permitted when i click on Install ?

Any idea please ?

Frank

Olof

Hi, I’m having an issue using product manager when i try to update SD3 Library from 1.0 to 1.20. It says Operation not permitted when i click on Install ?

Any idea please ?

Frank

Where is the library installed? Click on the “Installation Info” tab to see it.

Olof Hermansson - Toontrack
    Coder

Frank
    Participant

Hi Olof, it’s on an external SSD i bought with SD3 pre-installed. I’ve checked the permissions on the disk and i’m in reading and writing….

Thanks for helping 😉

Olof

I’ve heard some of those disks were incorrectly formatted with the NTFS file system, which means they are read-only on Macs. That would be my guess here. Would you be able to copy the contents to another disk, reformat it (preferable as APFS if you’ll only use it on a Mac) and copy the contents back? Make sure you give the disk the same name as it has now.

Coder

Frank
    Participant

Hi Olof, Damned you are right !!! The SSD is formatted for windows 🙁

I need to buy a new HD cause intakes about 240 Go of free space to reformat my SD3 SSD, i’ll let you know once it’s done.

Thaks a lot for your help

Frank

Frank
    Participant

Finaly no need to get a new SSD, I had enough space on my backup HD, everything’s fine with the disk formatted in APFS, thanks a lot Olof, you’re the Man 😀

All the best,

Frank

Thanked by: Olof
    David Blue
    Participant

I installed a new EZX pack (Big Rock Drums) last month, and it seemed to work fine.  Today when I was browsing my libraries I noticed that I can’t play any of my original EZdrummer 1 libraries.  All of the other libraries work fine.  It seems that when I installed the new EZX it may have messed up the path/config to EZdrummer 1 pop/rock.   The folders haven’t moved.  Everything was working fine before I installed the new EZX.  Can you help me?

The grooves show ORANGE triangles with exclamation points when I tried to play them.

Operating system: Windows 10
    Olof

I installed a new EZX pack (Big Rock Drums) last month, and it seemed to work fine.  Today when I was browsing my libraries I noticed that I can’t play any of my original EZdrummer 1 libraries.  All of the other libraries work fine.  It seems that when I installed the new EZX it may have messed up the path/config to EZdrummer 1 pop/rock.   The folders haven’t moved.  Everything was working fine before I installed the new EZX.  Can you help me?

The grooves show ORANGE triangles with exclamation points when I tried to play them.

In SD3, go to Settings > Libraries/Paths and scroll to the bottom. The “Additional Libraries” path shown there (2nd from bottom) is where the EZXs and the MIDI libraries are loaded from (the MIDI in a “Midi” subfolder). Do you know where the Pop/Rock MIDI is? If you want to change the Additional Libraries path, the menu to the right of it shows how.

Coder

David Blue
    Participant

Hi Olof, thanks for the quick reply!!

I know where all of the midi files are (they are with everything else, they are not missing).  But I tried ‘moving’ them anyway.  I followed the instructions, relocated them, restarted Superior and I still have the same issue, all EZX libraries work except EZD_Pop#Rock (I attached a pic to show that the new location is detected).Screenshot-after-move

I also investigated what files were changed with the install of EZX Big Rock Drums.  I attached the screen shots of the folder structure and the two folders that got updated in the Midi folder were the EZX Big Rock Drums (makes sense) and the EZX Libraries folder.

folder-updates-1
    folder-updates-2

The only file in the EZX libraries folder is a ‘header’ file that is 0 kb (seems like an empty file).

This is the only thing I can see that got changed that would affect the location of the original EZD Pop Rock.

I upgrade from EZDrummer 1 to Superior 2 to Superior 3.  If I need to uninstall and reinstall to get my EZD pop rock back (which I really want!)…. what is your suggested plan?  Do I have to uninstall everything?

Thanks sir!

• This post was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by David Blue.
    Olof

I upgrade from EZDrummer 1 to Superior 2 to Superior 3.  If I need to uninstall and reinstall to get my EZD pop rock back (which I really want!)…. what is your suggested plan?  Do I have to uninstall everything?

Support will contact you shortly about this.

Coder

David Blue
    Participant

Thanks Olof!  They helped me by getting me an updated license.  Everything is working now!  Take Care!

Pinnykay
    Participant

Hi I’m trying to download EZ drummer 3 core library but I don’t have enough space in my computer and j don’t see an option to set a new path for it to download on my external hard drive any idea what I can do?

Operating system: macOS Ventura (13)
    rixa

Hi I’m trying to download EZ drummer 3 core library but I don’t have enough space in my computer and j don’t see an option to set a new path for it to download on my external hard drive any idea what I can do?

Operating system: macOS Ventura (13)

You can set the download location in the Toontrack Product Manager application > Preferences.

Screenshot-2024-02-08-at-15.56.59

Rickard - Toontrack Music
    Make music - it´s EZ!
    www.toontrack.com
    www.facebook.com/toontrack
    www.youtube.com/toontrack

Viewing 13 replies - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.