routing from superior drummer 3 to DAW channels

Superior Drummer 3 Pre-sales
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Billy 86
    Participant

You can find that info here in routing channels out. https://www.toontrack.com/manual/superior-drummer-3/5

each DAW is a little different, but generally you set up audio tracks for each SD channel and set the track “ins” from the corresponding SD channel “outs”.

SD3, EZD, EZ Keys 1&2, EZ Bass. Win10, i9/9900, all SSDs, 64g RAM, Cakewalk, Studio One

Ann Roche
    Participant

Thanks for the info

yere i see in cubase 11 it isn’t too hard to set up

In the past I generally was inclined to use different instances of a virtual instrument instead of using multi outputs

although I was wondering with regards to how well my DAW / PC would perform if I were to try this approach

using Superior Drummer 3 (which i have not brought yet, have Ez Drummer 2 though)

Would be useful to be able to do all the main sound design work in the single instance of Superior Drummer.

as it would be easier to account for and just a little bit easier to manage / tidier.

Billy 86
    Participant

If you want to control each kit piece on its own channel in your DAW and use all your plugins, you definitely don’t want to have an instance for each piece. Your CPU load will be an issue. Although superior drummer has a ton more mixing/routing options, both it and EZ Drummer work essentially the same way when setting up multi outs. Just set each channel to its own ‘ out’  your drum mixer and set up corresponding audio tracks in Cubase and route kit pieces in, one per channel.

Just getting to know SD3, coming over fro EZ Drummer, but it has a preset that will set every channel in the mixer do its own “out“ with one click if you want.

SD3, EZD, EZ Keys 1&2, EZ Bass. Win10, i9/9900, all SSDs, 64g RAM, Cakewalk, Studio One

harshajayman
    Participant

Check out this tutorial to see how to route presets to DAW

https://youtu.be/06TPsyyLHWY

happy_5
    Participant

Hey guys, when using multiout function to your daw, does this print the plugins from sd3 mixer or print them raw into the daw

example using preset of anything on sd3

route to mutiout into protools and printing to the new tracks into protools

does this include the plugins from sd3 or print them raw.

thanks

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.