Ridiculous slow download speed

Product Manager
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Igor Khomenko
    Participant

Hi

How it is possible to download 180 GB with a speed of 140 kbps?

400 hours remaining !!!

Download started on Saturday

My speed test is around 50 Mbps!! Tried with Adsl cable connection and with Mobile. Same result

This is a very frequent problem for you as I can see from this forum. Which problems have yours servers????

Since years your customers are claiming but you still not solved the issue.

Customer support is not answering.

I am completely unsatisfied.

Please show a bit of interest trying to help, I had an urgent need of the software….

Rgds

Enrico

Operating system: Windows 10

I’m having the same problem – it is beyond ridiculous – I will get my first part of the product in four days! And that is just first third only!

Scott Eshleman
    Participant

It almost sounds like your ISP is throttling your access to high-volume content…

I’m downloading SD3 Sound Library Part 1 right now… (from Amish Country, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, USA)

currently 22 MB/s…

SD3download

Igor Khomenko
    Participant

The speed went up reasonable the next day and I could finally start downloading the products.

Thanks.

thisisshit
    Participant

Same here. Need 27h for 26GB. Downloaded the Komplete ultimate 12 library in 8h with almost 800GB. Toontrack Servers are way to slow. Like often Toontrack has a very bad service for paying customers. Very sad…

• This post was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by thisisshit.
    Angelo Bonanno
    Participant

7.1 gig of Metal Foundry .  I have download speed from internet of 231 mb/s  and yet on Toontrack goes from high of 25 mp/s to 100KB/s..   took me 4 hours to download my Superior Sound Content 4.   this is ridiculous with my New PC of 32 Gig Ram.  3.9 average speed AMD Cpu and tons of hard drive space not filled up yet…  I have the original install discs for Superior 2 Content going to bring them out and use. But for Superior 3 only download is available.  I had all the sounds saved on a drive from my old PC. But due to new PC windows 10 and older one Windows 7 does not recognize them at all.  I wonder why ?

BIGANGBO

George Ball
    Participant

Yes. My speed test here in RI is 95mbs download, yet product manager crawls at 12 mbs. no wonder they sell the preinstalled external drive!

Operating system: macOS Big Sur (11)
    John

Hi George,

have you been in contact directly with Toontrack Support?

If not, you can click the ‘Contact Support’ button on any of the FAQ pages. They can better determine what can be the problem, if there’s something that needs be done at the nearest download server or locally.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

chrzrd23
    Participant

Unreal slow speeds here people for EZD 3…. 53kpbs…on a 1000kpbs line. End me.

Operating system: macOS Monterey (12)
    Andrino Apolloni
    Participant

same here, 1000hrs to download EZD3.

thats bordering on  calling consumer affairs

totally unacceptable in this day and age.

Andrino Apolloni
    Participant

Only 699hrs to go.

3.1kb/s

16 May 2022

oops

Only 1000hrs to go now.

Surely even tech support can see how brilliantly stupid this is`

Here i was complaining last night that 8.2 kb/s was too slow.

John

Hi Freeze,

your download speed is dependent on where in the world you are located, which CDN server is nearest you.
    There isn’t a server (as in one) in the basement of the Toontrack HQ. That’s why we keep telling customers that are experiencing downloading problems to contact support, so they may check if there are problems with the one nearest you, or the one your Product Manager is trying to download from.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Tom
    Participant

Same here. Thought I’d give Death & Darkness a try today. But I am currently downloading with 2.6 mb/s over a gigabit connection. Only 20 hours to go…

Happened with SD3 back then as well. Can’t believe this issues is going on for years. Contacted support and now we wait…

Tom
    Participant

Well after two days I got a response from support:

Sorry to hear about the slow download speeds. We have had users have success with restarting the Product Manager and pausing then resuming the download. We have also had some users have download speed issues when the computer or router has antivirus/spyware that could be bottle necking the speed.

Thats it. As if that wouldn’t be the first thing to try. I am seriously lost for words at this point.

samuelplayzon
    Participant

No, I don’t have issues with Native, even Cubase has a better server!

I share in the others pains.
    it’s showing 6mb download and I have a direct fiber connection.

your product is expensive. You should invest in better servers.

if it wasn’t so painful – this would almost be funny.
    This is like a throwback to the dialup days.

I did all of the things you suggested BTW. I don’t have a virus software and I’m using a MacBookPro

it’s a business, invest in updating / fixing things that cause your customers pain and you’ll do better.

This will be at the front of my brain when people ask me what I think of the software. I’ll say “it sounds really good… it only took me a week to download the first 3 files!

it’s the most expensive drum VST – pretty please… fix this issue.

Sam L

Gunnar_6
    Participant

Just want to second this. Getting 2.5 meg per second now. Started off with 28 meg for a few minutes and then shrank right down. I have fibre broadband and am in London UK, broadband checker shows 20 meg per second. I’m able to get 60 meg per second consistently from the Spitfire Audio download server, from start to finish. Toontrack speeds are beyond bad. Worst speeds I have encountered from any audio company. I sent a message to support and got an automated reply that Toontrack is taking 3-5 business days currently to reply to technical support requests… maybe their email server is on the same network as my download?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.