Ride cymbal channel in mixer

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Scott

There would only be a ride channel in the mixer if there was one recorded at the time. Some EZXs have one. Others do not.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Liam Doherty
    Participant

I’m confused by that. There are lots of default midi patterns using ride cymbals, but none of them shows a ride channel in the mixer?

Scott

Yes. There are ride cymbals in the kits. But, when miking a drum kit, cymbals are usually picked up by the overhead mics. Rarely are spot mics used on cymbals.

If you want to control the volume of the ride, you can do so from the kit piece drop down menu.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Liam Doherty
    Participant

Sorry to appear naive, but I have only got EZD2 yesterday. Where exactly is the ‘kit piece drop down menu?’

Scott

First, I would click the Menu at the top right of the EZD2 interface and open the Operation Manual. Lots of info in there. See page 12 of the manual for the Instrument Properties (AKA kit piece drop down menu).

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Phenix 2
    Participant

hi

why i used Garage band first is because the sounds were good enough and there were a real mix  : for snare drum

toms, cymbals and hi hat and percussion so, we could make some  good mix settings

with EZD 1 there was not a mix for the cymbals except for the hi hat

With EZD 2,  i think it solved so,  it’s good 🙂 for every cymbals too

good news 🙂

You like drums, iconic sounds and drum plugins ?
    > Go and see my Youtube channel : check it out and subscribe !

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.