retro (I mean RETRO!) grooves

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • wagzisnotadrummer
    Participant

i like this idea, too.

http://soundcloud.com/blackdaddywarbuxxx

Martin

Thanks for your input!

Put together a list of songs that has these types of grooves so we know exactly what you mean. You never know…it might happen!

Martin Kristoffersson
    Sound Designer

Nathan
    Participant

ORIGINAL: Phattlippz
    Hi – this is just a request for you to release at least a MIDI pack with really OLD school drum beats. I’m talking 1920’s, 30’s, 40’s and 50’s stuff–simple, elegant, in the pocket, musical beats that recall the golden age of American popular music before rock and roll sent the craft of songwriting, composing, orchestration and arranging into a downward spiral. Everything from old big band (Gene Krupa, Basie, Ellington etc), to old latin beats like you might hear on so called “exotica” records by Les Baxter, Esquivel, etc., lounge grooves, easy listening, etc.

What would be really cool would be a drum set with typical retro percussion (i.e. woodblocks, bicycle horn, cowbell, timpani etc.) – basically a comedy kit a la spike jones, that has an old-school sound and a lot of MIDI files of all styles from that period.

In the meantime, woodblocks, cowbell and other percussion can be found on the LP and Pop EZXs. Not found the bicycle horn yet and would love some tympani…

SD2.3, NYII, C&V, MC, MF, ED, Latin Perc, Twisted, Pop, N1H, Electronic, Classic, Funkmasters, Rock Solid, Blues, Indie-Folk.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.