Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

RET Percussion, Alesis Trigger IO and DFHS (Video)

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 3 replies - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Joe
    Participant

ORIGINAL: Tony Enamel
    It does send MIDI CC data (CC4). I can see it in Cubase when I record. Any thoughts?

I have my Alesis Trigger iO now, unfortunately I’m beginning to suspect I have a bum unit, but not because of the HiHat.  I’m having trouble in other areas, such as dual-zone(for both PP and PS type triggers) and getting a decent velocity curve out of nearly every trigger I own.  I can’t even get a Piezo/Switch to operate correctly (zone 2) and the Piezo/Peizo pads create simultaneous Head/Rim noises rather than being mutually exclusive.

Ironically, I was able to get the HiHat with continuous control (both a CY-12 with FD-7 and a VH-11 on an acoustic HH pedal) working decently, but not where I would say I would be happy (mostly due the reasons stated above I suspect).

I want to jump in and help, but not until I’ve figured out if I have a malfunctioning unit, or it is just my brain malfunctioning.   I haven’t confirmed anywhere yet that these do indeed function well with Roland CY Piezo/Switch and PD Piezo/Piezo pads to know what I am up against.

pimenta
    Participant

Great video Tony (maybe one of the best e-drums demonstrations video I watched so far on youtube) .. being really busy lately .. unfortunately 🙁

Thanks for sharing .

Pim

4 year old Dell XPS 410 Intel® Core™2 E6700 4GB XP SP 2
    Sony Vaio Core Duo 2 P7450 6GB Windows 7 64 bit
    Roland Td20KX/SPD30
    Superior 2-all SDX /Ezdrummer couple of packs
    BFD2/BFD ECO/Addictive Drums

mix2much
    Participant

I’m hoping some light can be shed on the hi hat situation as well for the Alesis Trigger IO. I have one and I am only getting open and closed- nothing inbetween. (I’m using the Roland VH-11) I will say that I’ve gotten the sensitivity pretty well ironed out on all the pads but that took more time and patience than I normally care to give. My ride cymbal is also a concern. I have a Roland CY-15 and I’m not able to get the bell seperate from the bow which is also a serious bummer. If anyone has managed around these things, I’d sure love to hear it.

Viewing 3 replies - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.