Today only – 40% off 18 selected EZXs.*

Today only – 40% off 18
selected EZXs.

Today only – 40% off 18 selected EZXs.*

Request: Copy/paste time-signature timelines between all Toontrack products

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Mick Avoidant
    Participant

Is the Follow Host button switched on? It’s at the bottom, to the left of the Play/Stop buttons.

bg321
    Participant

Is one fix to use different tracks when you change time signature? So you have one track while you are in 4/4. When you switch to 3/4 you load a new track of ezd and a new track of ezbass for that. And you could have some ready-made saved tracks with different time signatures? I too have both ezdrum3 and ezbass but haven’t had to cross this bridge yet.

soundsgood
    Participant

While I truly appreciate the willingness to help, both replies seem to misunderstand my original post.

After inserting multiple meter changes in one song in EZD, I don’t want to have to manually enter the same, multiple meter changes in EZB. To save a lot of time, I’d like to be able to copy the entire meter timeline from one Toontrack product and paste it into another Toontrack product.

Thanks.

Mick Avoidant
    Participant

For the first time, I’m using EZD3’s and EZbass’s grid editors in a song. While this provides many more features than are available by triggering them via MIDI from within a DAW, there are downsides.

Today I had to snip some measures from my song, as well as adding mixed meter to several bars, which is a piece of cake in a DAW—but EZD3 and EZbass are fully unaware of those changes. So I just went into EZD3’s Time-Signature Editor and made all of the necessary changes. It was time-consuming, and now, unfortunately, I need to do the entire thing again in EZbass.

I wish I could just copy the time-signature data from EZD3 and then paste that data into EZbass. (Sure, the notes wouldn’t match, but I can easily snip and move notes around. The issue is having to recreate the entire time-signature timeline all over again in each Toontrack product. In fact, I actually need to add a second instance of EZD3 to play some additional sounds, and I’m now so glad I’ve been putting it off because that would be yet another Toontrack product that in which I’d have to painstakingly edit the time-signature timeline.

Toontrack, please, please, PLEASE let us copy/paste the Time-Signature data from one Toontrack product to another. (Or export/import, if that works better for you. Just please give us a solution to this extremely time-consuming problem.)

(P.S. I suppose the same would apply to the tempo timeline, if tempo changes have been programmed.)

• This topic was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by soundsgood.
    • This topic was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by soundsgood.

Try this: make your 4/4 time signature bars in Grid Editor, drag them into your DAW and delete them from GE. Change GE time sig to 3/4 and make those bars.

That might not be any less work or you might not want to do it, anyway.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.