Reinstall on Windows?

Product Manager
Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Olof

You need to run the 64-bit installer again, it should be available in a menu in Details.

Olof Hermansson - Toontrack
    Coder

Mike
    Participant

While waiting for a reply I downloaded the installer from the Toontrack website and re-ran it that way.  Still no DLL in my VST plugins folder.  Maybe my setup is too out of date?  I have the old EXDrummer Lite + EXdrummer Upgrade, and then Jazz EZX and Latin Percussino EZX.  it was the Jazz EZX tha I reinstalled, but it seems to have reinstalled only the sound libraries, not the DLL.

I can’t even find anywhere in the Product Manager to tell it where my VST plugin folder is, and it didn’t ask as part of the installation either.  Help, please!

Olof

If you open Command Prompt and paste this command into it, it should tell you where the 64-bit DLL was installed:

reg query HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Toontrack\Superior\EZDrummer /v PlugPath64

Coder

Mike
    Participant

It says it’s C:\VST plugins x64\Toontrack – whcih is exactly where I would want it to be.  Only problem is that it isn’t there! – the /Toontrack folder of C:\VST plugins x64 doesnt exist!

• This post was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by Mike.
    Olof

Strange. Well, then try to uninstall it through Add/Remove Programs and install again.

Coder

Mike
    Participant

Uninstall what?  the whole lot? or just Jazz EZX?  I can’t uninstall and reinstall EXDrummer / EXdrummer Upgrade as far as I can see because according to the Product Manager (and the downloads page under My Products), the install only works for Winodws XP – Windows 8! – so how can I reinstall those on Windows 10?

The only Toontrack things in Windows 10 “Apps & Features” are Toontrack Product Manager and Toontrack Solo.  So you think I need to uninstall Toontrack Product Manager and reinstall everything from scratch?

[Correction – EZDrummer and EZDrummer 64-bit Supplemental Update are also in Apps & Features.  But if I uninstall them, will I be able to reinstall on Windows 10? – see first para above.]

Operating system: Windows 10
    • The post has been modified 3 times, last modified 1 year, 10 months ago by Mike.
    Olof

Yes, I’m pretty sure the installers work on newer Windows versions too, which didn’t exist when the installers were made. It should be enough to uninstall EZDrummer 64-bit Supplemental Update and then install the 1.4.0 update (64-bit)..

Coder

Thanked by: Mike
    Mike
    Participant

Perfect – that worked – thanks!

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.