Receptor Alternatives for Dedicated Hardware Live Performance

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • blafarm
    Participant

Ok. Maybe there isn’t an alternative.

So, let me try this a different way.

This Receptor page lists a premium plugin for DFS Superior: http://www.museresearch.com/products/plug-ins.php

And, yet, there is almost no information on Toontrack’s website regarding this capability.

A couple of questions:

Is anybody using this?

How’s the performance?

Is the latest version of Superior supported on Receptor?

Does the 4GB of RAM present a limitation of any type?

Are the S2.0 Producer Presets Supported?

Which Receptor model is suggested for the best live Superior performance?

Thanks

Scott

dfh Superior has been discontinued for years. The latest ‘Superior’ (Superior Drummer 2) is not available in the Receptors format.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

blafarm
    Participant

Thank you for that information.
    I’ve been out of the loop for some time.
    Regarding my original question, I’m guessing that there’s no elegant hardware solution other than a laptop.
    Would you concur?
    Thanks.

John

Hi,

a modern laptop would not be performing worse than the Receptor in a live situation, particularly not if you are using it for Superior 2 only.
    I have trusted my MacBook Pro with live TV performance even running Pro Tools with a few backtracks and VI’s. Even though I am not running an optimal live setup, since I use an MBox Pro (3rd gen), some PC guys running RME interfaces here on the Forum report extremely snappy performance with Superior 2 in Toontrack solo, myself I am getting 3-5ms roundtrip latency.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

blafarm
    Participant

Thanks for the response.

Can Superior Drummer 2 be loaded and used on multiple machines — like a laptop for “playing out” and a workstation for studio work?

Or is it only licensed for one installation?

John

Can Superior Drummer 2 be loaded and used on multiple machines — like a laptop for “playing out” and a workstation for studio work?

Yes, you are entitled to have 2 Active seats at the same time.

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

blafarm
    Participant

Thank you for the prompt reply.

Can those two active seats be dynamically applied to three or more computers (with the limitation of only two at one time)– or are they locked to two specific and fixed computers?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.