Real computer requirements – and a question regarding outputs

Superior Drummer 3 Pre-sales
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • John

Hi,

the system requirements from the product page:

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS.
    64-bit Windows 7 or newer, 4 GB RAM (8 GB RAM or more recommended). Mac OS X 10.6 or higher, 64-bit Intel-based Mac with 4 GB RAM (8 GB RAM or more recommended).
64-bit host (with support for VST, AU or AAX). Standalone is included.
    SOFTWARE: Approx. 320 MB download + installation space.
    SOUND LIBRARY: Basic install: Approx. 41 GB download and an additional 41 GB for the installation process. Complete install: Approx. 236 GB download and an additional 55 GB for the installation process.
SSD install (optional): Approx. 236 GB pre-installed.

To be able to load big kits for live use, I’d recommend 16GB RAM.

The Standalone app has got 16 Stereo Outputs (or 32 Mono outputs, L and R can be routed independently) and these can be routed to your hardware.
    I’d recommend using an Audio Interface with low latency drivers and fast connection, like Thunderbolt or USB-C, and as many separate outputs as you think you need in a live situation.

A few percussion instruments are included in the Core Sounds but those are Claps, Snaps and Cowbell. Well, there are Shakers, Maracas and Tambourines as well but those are not meant for Live triggering use, they are meant to be used with the internal Groove functions.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

KRTW Rhyder
    Participant

Thank for the reply. I had already looked up the specs for the program. What I was looking for was a person with real experience using the package to comment on what they are using, latency, drop outs, ASIO, etc…Is a laptop adequate and if so which one? You know – real people who are using this.

I will be running from a computer directly into a mixer – either Yamaha TF1 or most likely the Behringer X32 Rack.  Has anybody out there tried this kind of configuration? It is a USB/ASIO configuration and of course latency is my biggest concern. If you add the cost of the program, a computer – then a fast 8 channel or better interface – this is getting real expensive to deploy. Still worth it if the drummer stops using his oversized 6 piece drum kit in a room where we are playing for 40 people. That’s what this is all about.

Most likely running only 6 channels at once. Maybe more eventually.

Anybody tried this with this software?

Paul Alvarez
    Participant

Hi,

the system requirements from the product page:

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS.
    64-bit Windows 7 or newer, 4 GB RAM (8 GB RAM or more recommended). Mac OS X 10.6 or higher, 64-bit Intel-based Mac with 4 GB RAM (8 GB RAM or more recommended).
64-bit host (with support for VST, AU or AAX). Standalone is included.
    SOFTWARE: Approx. 320 MB download + installation space.
    SOUND LIBRARY: Basic install: Approx. 41 GB download and an additional 41 GB for the installation process. Complete install: Approx. 236 GB download and an additional 55 GB for the installation process.
SSD install (optional): Approx. 236 GB pre-installed.

To be able to load big kits for live use, I’d recommend 16GB RAM.

The Standalone app has got 16 Stereo Outputs (or 32 Mono outputs, L and R can be routed independently) and these can be routed to your hardware.
    I’d recommend using an Audio Interface with low latency drivers and fast connection, like Thunderbolt or USB-C, and as many separate outputs as you think you need in a live situation.

A few percussion instruments are included in the Core Sounds but those are Claps, Snaps and Cowbell. Well, there are Shakers, Maracas and Tambourines as well but those are not meant for Live triggering use, they are meant to be used with the internal Groove functions.

BR,
    John

Hello John,

I found this topic and it is something I have been investigating as well.  Currently thinking about going from a Roland TD module to trigger Superior Drummer 3 samples but want to then output the individual drum samples from SD3 back out of the computer into a Thunderbolt audio interface and have that connect to front of house.  Can the SD3 mixer output the separate individual drum channels so that FOH has control of each drum?  I’ve seen videos that provide info on outputting from SD3 to a DAW for recording but I just need the SD3 drum samples from the computer.  Can SD3 work this way?

JoeBizz
    Participant

Hi Friend !

I know that your original question is 3 years old but I wanted to ask if you ever got this resolved.  I also am looking to run either Superior 3 or EZ Drummer through a laptop.

Best regards,

Joe

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.