One day only: 17 classic EKX expansions at up to 40% off!*

Quick easy question about EZ keys Pop/Rock Midi

EZkeys Pre-sales
Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Jay Coover
    Participant

EDIT: If you have the full version of EZKeys, you can drag any MIDI file from the EZKeys UI into your host and then it can be used to drive any VST instrument.

SD 2.3 NY vol 2/Metal Foundry/C & V/Roots 1 & 2/Music City Latin Percussion/Funkmasters/The Classic/Jazz/Pop!/#1 Hits/Electronic/Twisted/Claustrophobic EZKeys 1.1 with all the trimmings

Scott

Is the midi pack simply a collection of midi files that I can plug in to any VST instrument?

No. The EZKeys MIDI pack is a proprietary file format that only EZKeys can use. Once they are dragged from EZKeys into a sequencer they are standard MIDI files that can be used by other VST instruments.

I’d guess that if you bought the expansion pack, and use it through the EZKeys demo, you would be entitled to use that MIDI.

No. Dragging and dropping from EZKeys to sequencer is disabled in the demo.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

ctrumpet
    Participant

I just purchased and installed the EZ keys. It works fine except the operation and the music theory manuals do not appear when selected in the menu selector.

I can view the Operation manual as a separate download but I cannot view the Music Theory pdf.

Regards,

ctrumpet

John

ctrumpet,

please post in the EZkeys Help section:http://www.toontrack.com/forum/tt.aspx?forumid=103
    Support matters are not answered here in the Pre-sales section.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

ctrumpet
    Participant

To John

your suggested link takes me to Pre Sales

http://www.toontrack.com/forum/tt.aspx?forumid=103

I cannot find EZkeys Help section:

ctrumpet

John

Oh, sorry. Copy + Paste doesn’t always keep up with brain and fingers.
    http://www.toontrack.com/forum/tt.aspx?forumid=105.

Have you registered the product and Forum ID under different email addresses? Your Forum ID is not a registered user one.
    If so, which is your country of residence?

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

ctrumpet
    Participant

Hello John,

The forum registration would not allow me to use the address I used for the production registration. My country is Japan, and my product registration email is *EDIT* – email address removed!**

ctrumpet

John

Ok,

you now should have access to the registered users section.
    Please follow the second link I posted above.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Stickid
    Participant

I created a midi file in ez keys with +1 octave but when I dragged it into my DAW it plays in the standard position . I am using The Cubase Grand SE and I don’t know how to change anything on it so is there a way to bring it in already up one octave?
    You guys have been very helpful on my other questions so thanks for that.
    Br

John

Hi,

if the 2 instruments have different middle C’s, you simply have to transpose +1 octave in your DAW, which I presume is Cubase.
    Alternatively transpose it further one octave before dragging it to the DAW track.

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.