icon-toontrack-20tt-20-symbolicon-aiicon-arrangementsicon-arrow-left-1icon-arrow-left-2icon-arrow-left-3icon-arrow-right-1icon-arrow-right-2icon-arrow-right-3icon-automationicon-bleedicon-bounceicon-brushesicon-brushes2icon-campaign-pageicon-circlesicon-cloudCommentsicon-cross-invicon-crossicon-cymbalicon-dislike-1icon-dislike-2Unread topicicon-downloaddrumsicon-drag-dropicon-drumkiticon-drums2icon-drumsticksicon-edrumsicon-electronicTopicicon-envelopeicon-fadersicon-faqForumForumTopic replyicon-futurehiticon-galaxyicon-grid-editoricon-headphonesicon-hihaticon-hot-topicicon-importsamplesicon-information-invicon-informationicon-joystickicon-kickicon-like-1icon-like-2Locked topicicon-macrosicon-massenburgAccountCartSearchicon-microphoneicon-midi-exporticon-midi-searchicon-midi-trackericon-midi-tracksicon-midiicon-mix-channelsicon-mixericon-news-inspirationicon-one-noteicon-percussionicon-percussion2Sticky topicicon-play-1-invicon-play-1icon-play-2-invicon-play-2icon-play-3icon-plus-invicon-plusicon-presetsPrivate topicicon-rawicon-reverseanythingicon-samplesicon-save-drumicon-seamlessicon-settingsicon-shapesicon-snareicon-song-tracksicon-ssdicon-stackicon-tap2findicon-tempoicon-third-partyicon-three-notesicon-tomTopic with best answericon-two-notesicon-usericon-videoicon-workflow

Question about SD3 Tracker

Superior Drummer 3 Pre-sales
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • ScottScott
    Moderator

    Tracker will do it’s best to pick out the kit pieces. For example, bring the stereo into Tracker and set it detect the kick. Bring the same file in and set it to detect the snare. Same for rack tom. And so on. You very well may need to manually tweak things but it does a good job in my option.

    Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

    David Lentz
    Participant

    @scott said:
    Tracker will do it’s best to pick out the kit pieces. For example, bring the stereo into Tracker and set it detect the kick. Bring the same file in and set it to detect the snare. Same for rack tom. And so on. You very well may need to manually tweak things but it does a good job in my option.  

    Thanks for the reply. Does SD3 do everything EZD2 does? Obviously it’s newer and bigger, but will there be any need to keep EZD2 and/or SD2 installed after upgrading?

    JohnJohn
    Moderator

    @david Lentz said:

    Thanks for the reply. Does SD3 do everything EZD2 does? Obviously it’s newer and bigger, but will there be any need to keep EZD2 and/or SD2 installed after upgrading?  

    Well, Superior 3 does everything both EZdrummer 2 and Superior 2 does and then some, so no, there’s no need to have them installed other than backwards compatibility with old projects.

    BR,
    John

    John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

    David Lentz
    Participant

    @john said:

    Well, Superior 3 does everything both EZdrummer 2 and Superior 2 does and then some, so no, there’s no need to have them installed other than backwards compatibility with old projects.

    BR,
    John  

    Excellent, thanks for the info.

    Bob Muso
    Participant

    @scott said:
    Tracker will do it’s best to pick out the kit pieces. For example, bring the stereo into Tracker and set it detect the kick. Bring the same file in and set it to detect the snare. Same for rack tom. And so on. You very well may need to manually tweak things but it does a good job in my option.  

    I can’t see any SD3 Demo to try the Tracker so I uploaded a stereo drum mix to convert to midi:
    Listen: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l5i4bpajqhbprp3/Drums-Blues-120ev.wav?dl=0
    Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l5i4bpajqhbprp3/Drums-Blues-120ev.wav?dl=1

    Also have they added the Bar Offset for count-ins as requested, understood and implemented here with one reply:
    https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=168&t=304282&p=6504753#p6504753

    but caused so much confusion here: https://www.toontrack.com/forum/ezkeys-help/bar-offset-for-count-in/

    Thanks,
    Bob.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
×