Question about editing before purchase

EZdrummer Pre-sales
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Scott

EZdrummer2 doesn’t have a built in MIDI  editor like it’s big brother S3. Any specific MIDI editing would need to be accomplished in the DAW. Having said that, a lot can be accomplished using the Edit Play style features to customize the MIDI files.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Gretschmann
    Participant

Thank you.

I will start with EZ Drummer 2 with the traditionnal country ezx sound expansion. I will probably buy the upgrade pour EZ Drummer 3 later once I have EZ Drummer 2 figure out.

Do you think it would be possible to transfert the drum track into Logic and convert it to midi file for edit?

May I suggest something?

I am a Rockabilly, 50’s rock’n’Roll, Wrecking crew fanatic and player. I would definitly be standing in line to buy a sound expansion with these features.

Thanks.

Regards,

Gretschmann

Scott

Yes, you can either find a groove from the EZD2 Groove Browser and drag it to your DAW, or drag it to the EZD2 Song Track first. Then to your DAW. Personally, I use the Song Track to construct my drum part. I use the Edit Play Style features. Then, if I find I need to tweak individual hits, I drag to my DAW from there. Edit. Done. Often,  I’m happy with using the Edit Play Style features and don’t edit in the DAW.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Gretschmann
    Participant

One more question,

I purchased EZD2 with the Traditional Country with the ezx sound expansion. I am really impress with the result.

My question is this, as you mention I just drag my groove from the Song track into Logic. It is loader but I have no sound coming from Logic. I am fairly new to all this. Any recommandations?

Thanks

Scott

I don’t use Logic or Mac so I can only guess here. Have you loaded EZD2 as a plugin in Logic or are you using EZD2 in standalone? If you want to edit in logic, make sure you load EZD2 as an instrument plugin inside Logic.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Gretschmann
    Participant

Thanks, will do.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.