Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Question about creating own drum tracks

Studio Corner
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Brad
    Participant

I’ll assume that you don’t have a midi keyboard controller… (but just in case you do… that would be a good way)

Depending on which version of PT-MPowered you have, (PT 8) you can open the MIDI Editor and simply click in the piano roll and create a note. You can drag, trim, etc.. however it is time consuming. You may want to start with the grooves segments supplied, modify and loop.

Otherwise, you can use the pen tool to create midi notes on the instrument track within the editor window.

Mac Studio M1 Max, RAM 64 GB, 1TB Drive, OSX 12.x/13.x and Windows 10 (VM)
    DAW: Studio One 5/6, Pro Tools Studio
    DTX Express III (Extreme triggers), Nektar LX88
    OWC Thunderbay Mini (4 X 1TB Sata SSD), Express 4M2 (4 X 2TB M.2 SSD), Envoy Express (1TB M.2 SSD)
    Presonus Quantum, Faderport & Faderport 8
    Black Lion Sparrow Mk2 A/D, FMR-RNP-RNC, MIDI Xpress 128, BM5A, KRK VXT4, Equator D5
    2020 Macbook Pro 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD Audio(mobile rig)

Whitten
    Participant

You can start playing patterns in using a midi keyboard.
    Also, it’s a really quick and easy idea to drag grooves that are in the ballpark of what you want from the EZdrummer library into PT and moving/deleting the midi notes until it sounds exactly how you want. That way you can keep the good feel of a drummer, but tailor the grooves exactly to your needs.

Scalenguy
    Participant

I tried the drag method, yet when I wanted to just remove one kick beat/midi note in a particular groove, it erased additional kick notes within the groove simultaneously. So I erased all the kick midi notes and just replaced the one note I wanted, but another appeared in the segment (at the same time) according to the original groove–like it wouldn’t allow me to erase certain aspects of the groove. Any ideas? I use Acid Pro. Thanks. 

John

Hi Scalenguy,

this would be more of an Acid Pro question than EZdrummer. Have you tried Acidplanet.com?
    Still, should you want assistance with EZdrummer and Acid Pro, please post in the appropriate Support DAW Help Section, not in Production Tips.

Best Regards,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Scalenguy
    Participant

Hey John.

This is my first time in this forum, so I really had no idea what direction to go. I will follow your advice with respect to specific DAW area. [BTW Acidplanet provided no help.] I will have Protools in a month anyway, so it will all soon be non-issue. Thanks for your assistance and prompt response.

Mike

JeremyRG
    Participant

When you copy out a region in PT, they are linked instances by default. Right click, go to the very bottom and unlink the clip you want to modify.

Through These Gates
    Participant

Or turn the Midi Mirror editor off it edits all regions that have the same names

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.