Product Manager showing some update required But won’t!

Product Manager
Viewing 8 replies - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • John

Hi,

I gather from your other thread that you have worked out how to install the full Vol. 2 via the PM?

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

ron-e-g
    Participant

No John. I even more confused after trying to download the N.Y. Vol. 2. In the downloaded version of PM when I attempt to download it it is 11.5 GB 5 hour! Monster!
    In the online version of PM it’s 4.3 MB and D/L’s in seconds!? What’s up with that? Problem #2 along with the downloads is listed a sound installer revision for windows..sounds like something I need right now right? after downloading this installer It appears to be more of an un-installer. It prompts me to un-install selected, installed N.Y. Studio files (including avatar). So I naturally think it must be part of the process Right? No,… now I have lost my Avatar from the drop down list. It’s in the grooves tab, but not in the drop down window! I’m really getting sick of all this. How Do I get this working correctly? Am I expected to wait 5 hours for a download? My system is not a dog.. that’s ridiculous. How do I get back the three drum library’s, how do I ever get the product I paid for working correctly, And how would I even ever know? Not knowing what it’s supposed to be. I never even knew I was missing the Allaire from the drop-down window. Didn’t know it was supposed to be there.

Can I completely un-install Superior, and all the sound files, then re-install it, or how is it done exactly? Is there something wrong with my system, or does everybody have these issues and just live with them? I don’t understand why I can’t install the sound library’s from the Two Disk’s that were sold to me. Why don’t they work? Why should I have to go to another method to install these? Why Can’t I get a agreement from PM online and downloaded as to what is actually installed and “Ready for Use”! on my computer??
    Hit-Factory.JPGDownload-Monster.JPG

Win. 10 Pro i7- X980 3.33 GHz 24 GB RAM, Evo 860-1TB SSD, 120GB SSD, Crucial M4- 250GB SSD,1TB Samsung HD 7200RPM, MixCraft8 Pro,Reaper,EZD2,Superior Drums, T-Racks,Steven Slate Drums,Line 6 UX2 Tone Port, Behringer Uphoria 404 HD, Art Tube Pre.,Guitar Rig Mobil 4&5 Pro

ron-e-g
    Participant

John, If I’m going to have to re-download the Avatar library from the five Superior Drummer disks. Is there one that contains only the library? or do I have to go the full five disk route to get the sounds library back? If the full re-load is necessary, should I do complete uninstall of the Superior Drums first? or just re-download over it?

Ron

Win. 10 Pro i7- X980 3.33 GHz 24 GB RAM, Evo 860-1TB SSD, 120GB SSD, Crucial M4- 250GB SSD,1TB Samsung HD 7200RPM, MixCraft8 Pro,Reaper,EZD2,Superior Drums, T-Racks,Steven Slate Drums,Line 6 UX2 Tone Port, Behringer Uphoria 404 HD, Art Tube Pre.,Guitar Rig Mobil 4&5 Pro

John

Hi,

your first picture shows N.Y. Studios Vol. 2 SDX (which is 11,5 GB for the full install) and that it is not completely installed. I cannot see what is and is not installed since the ‘Installation Info’ tab isn’t visible.

Your second picture shows the Avatar Core library (Vol. 1 SDX) and that something isn’t installed but since the ‘Installation Info’ tab isn’t visible, I can’t tell what.

If something is only a few MB’s big, it is an update.

Re-installing from the discs is totally possible, the only problem you can run into is if your print of the DVD’s is older than the OS you are currently on. Then you need to download an updated version of the actual Sound Installer. Which is also available through the PM on each SDX page.
    The Avatar Full core library is spread out on all those discs, not just one.

When it comes to checking what is installed and not, the PM is to be trusted more than the online version.

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

ron-e-g
    Participant

@John said:

Hi,

your first picture shows N.Y. Studios Vol. 2 SDX (which is 11,5 GB for the full install) and that it is not completely installed. I cannot see what is and is not installed since the ‘Installation Info’ tab isn’t visible.

What else you don’t see is the time remaining of 5 hours on the download. Is that the common time for most users to upload a product?

@John said: Then you need to download an updated version of the actual Sound Installer. Which is also available through the PM on each SDX page.

Is that the very same one that I previously mentioned having only Delete options avail. on it. The one that actually got me in this mess?Confused

@John said:When it comes to checking what is installed and not, the PM is to be trusted more than the online version.

Wow that say’s alot!..about the program.Frown

ron-e-g
    Participant

OK John, I think I have everything pretty well ironed out. With the exellent help of the people in Toontrack support!
    Just one more thing…I can’t get the (install updates) red notice to give wat to the (Ready to use) green notice. No matter hoe many time I download and install those updates. Look closely,

EZ-Key-updates.JPG

EZ-Keys-2.JPG

EZ-Keys-3.JPG

EZ-Keys-4.JPG

Olof

Hi Ron,
    Please search your system for EZkeys.exe and EZkeys64.exe.

Can you find more than one of each of those? If so, what versions are they (if you check file properties in Explorer)?

If you only find one EZkeys.exe and only one EZkeys64.exe and they are version 1.1.2, just delete them and re-run the EZkeys update. That should solve the issue and give you version 1.2.3 of the standalones.

Olof Hermansson - Toontrack
    Coder

ron-e-g
    Participant

Olof, Thank You. That did the trick! All green Ready to use!!!

Many Thanks to you too John. For all your patience with me.

Viewing 8 replies - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.