Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Problems with Norton internet security & installing S2 & EZP

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • John

I guess the AV software manufacturers these days rather not give any other software the benefit of a doubt. There’s nothing malicious about the Toontrack installers.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

jbraner
    Participant

You would hope there would be a way to make things interactive ie “A program is trying to do xyz. Do you want to allow it?”

John Braner
    http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
    http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
    and all the major streaming/download sites.
    -------------------------------------------------
    Reaper 7 x64 (latest version), Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, AMD Ryzen 3950x, 32GB RAM, MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk Wifi mobo (not using wifi though), NVIDIA GEForce GT710 video card, MOTU Ultralite AVB audio interface

pimenta
    Participant

You will find out that Norton will not allow you saving Presets. I realized recently… even though I saved my presets correctly .. when opening up Superior.. they are all gone.

I turned off the Anti-Virus… saved the Preset.. closed Superior.. reopened it .. and the Preset saved with the Norton turned off was there. Did the test again .. and again .. and again … so from that time on I turn off the wireless switch on my notebook… turn off Norton and good to go.

Pim

4 year old Dell XPS 410 Intel® Core™2 E6700 4GB XP SP 2
    Sony Vaio Core Duo 2 P7450 6GB Windows 7 64 bit
    Roland Td20KX/SPD30
    Superior 2-all SDX /Ezdrummer couple of packs
    BFD2/BFD ECO/Addictive Drums

dthgtr
    Participant

I did get the allow/cancel dialogue box and chose allow(no choice there really).

I have never had any problems saving presets,even after this.

I would still rather have Norton overly sensitive than not.Obviously it is not interfering with the function of S2 &EZP (at this point).
    I am fully aware there is nothing malicious about TT.Having said that,the event did occur and I am just stating what happened.
    People here have reported crashes,not responding,or other error problems.

It may never happen again.

Later.

2004 Fender American Stratocaster Marshall MG 250 Digitech GNX4 Guitar Workstation Novation Impuse 49 Scarlett 8i6 Presonus Eris 5 monitors Sonar X3 Pro Win7 HP 64 Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Intel i5 3470(3rd gen) 3.2GHz 16GB RAM (2)1TBHDD

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.