Pls more Platinum Samples packs

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 6 replies - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Mark Williams
    Participant

resurrecting this thread to say another +1 here.
    I would love, love, love to see some more Platinum Samples SDX packs. Especially Jim Scott. And Andy Johns.
    I wish they would have started with those packs instead of Joe Barresi, personally.

MBP 2.4 GHz | 4GB RAM | OSX 10.6.8 Logic Pro 9.1.5 | Metric Halo LIO-8/4P | Apogee ONE SD 2.3.0 | EZP 1.1.0 | Drumtracker 1.0.2

Whitten
    Participant

OK, now you’ve hurt Joe’s feelings!

Mark Williams
    Participant

Whoops. I didn’t think about how that would come off!

I just mean that for the style I produce, The Andy Johns or Jim Scott packs would be more appropriate. I’m sure there’s a big market for the Joe Barresi or Platinum wouldn’t have started there.
    It’s funny, actually. I was looking at the product page for Evil Drums, and I realized that I’m not sure I’ve ever listened to a single one of the artists listed on Joe’s credits! Given their high-profile, I’m convinced that Joe is amazingly talented, and listening to the demos on the TT page definitely has piqued my interest. I’m thinking the SDX could be far more versatile than I would have initially thought, with a name like “Evil Drums”.

Any thoughts on that? Will it work in a lot more styles than it initially appears? Or than it seems to be marketed towards?

MBP 2.4 GHz | 4GB RAM | OSX 10.6.8 Logic Pro 9.1.5 | Metric Halo LIO-8/4P | Apogee ONE SD 2.3.0 | EZP 1.1.0 | Drumtracker 1.0.2

mix2much
    Participant

Evil Drums is a very versatile sample set. It sounds great in anything from classic rock to pop to country to metal and many more genres that I can’t think of…..

Scott
    Participant

I love the C&V stuff as well. As I noted in another thread, I combine some C&V cymbals with the Evil Drums. Pretty nice.
    I must admit though that I have used just about all the kits available for Superior 2 and they ALL sound good!
    Really, we are just spoiled rotten.

Ian Scott
    Participant

I agree we are spoiled rotten
    I love using the Evil Drums Library it is very versitile as was stated above

I use Jim Scotts rock drums and Andy Johns Classic Drums in BFD and they are amazing and they are now my go to libraries.
    I would have loved to have both of these for SD2 just because I prefer using it (especially the internal Bounce function). I think Platinum samples and Toontrack do an amazing job but ‘cracked’ copies of their software available is doing them serious damage.  

The one thing that blows me away is that if there is an issue with any of the libraries from Platinum Samples, Rail usually responds within an hour or 2 no matter what time of the day or night it is which I think is an incredible service.

Viewing 6 replies - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.