Permission Denied on Legit Purchased products?

Product Manager
Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • John

Hi,

could you please share some more info with us? Which exact OS Version are you using?
    Could you perhaps share a screen shot of the error happening?

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Chuck
    Participant

John thank you I had it resolved shortly after posting yesterday. I am running windows 10 and always as a admin and it was not working. all good now!

Best Regards
    Chuck

Tom D.
    Participant

Had exactly the same problem yesterday.

I wanted to reinstall EZDrummer 2, but when I wanted to download EZDrummer 2 the Toontrack Product Manager gave an error “Download cancelled. Permission denied”.

To everyone with the same problem: I resolved it by running PM as adminstrator (WIN10). It started downloading without a hassle.

Thanked by: van5152 and Danimal6
    Danimal6
    Participant

Sincere THANK YOU!!! It slipped my mind to right-click: “Run as Administrator” – Once I did, it all came back to me… I searched for help for over an hour. Toontrack needs to put this in FAQ because if this info is in there: I never saw it.

Thanked by: van5152
    Brad Callahan
    Participant

Same issue.  I have given PM all the permissions in Privacy/Security settings.  Please see attachment.

Operating system: macOS Catalina (10.15)
    John

Hi Brad, what happens if you right-click the PM app icon and select ‘Run as Admin’?

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Brad Callahan
    Participant

Hi, John,  That option doesn’t present itself when I right click.  Any other ideas?  I’ve had the programs for years and this is new since I got the new Mac Pro.

John

Hi Brad,

I am sorry missed your reply. I did not realise you were on macOS, since the OP was on Windows.
    Anyways, have you tried setting another Download location in the PM Preferences, like a Download folder at the root or on the Desktop?

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Brad Callahan
    Participant

Hi. John.  One of your Support colleagues was able to help me with permissions fixing.  All good.  thx

Thanked by: John
    jay farber
    Participant

Big Sur 11.5.1

MacBook Pro 2017

External SSD

Toontrack Product manager Installed again today.

I have ignore volume permissions set.

And User has Administrator Permissions

Operating system: macOS Big Sur (11)
    alfredwa
    Participant

hi i am having same issues. bought the products last night. installed on windows 11. i can’t download it and my old products can’t be scanned in ableton live 11 as well. I am running as admin here.

Operating system: Windows 11
    John

Hi,

have you tried changing the ‘Downloads’ location in the PM Preferences to something else, e.g. on your Desktop?

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.