Up to 20% off all individual MIDI packs for drums, EZkeys and EZbass!*

Up to 20% off all individual MIDI packs for drums, EZkeys and EZbass!*

Up to 20% off all individual MIDI packs for drums, EZkeys and EZbass!*

Outro

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Scott

What do you have in mind?

The end of a song can be as simple as a kick/crash on beat 1. Or the song can fade out during a chorus. Or the song can breakdown to an ‘intro’ type vibe with a hard stop or even a fade out.

Do you have any examples of the type of ‘outro’ you are referring to?

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Tom
    Participant

Scott, that is not fair. Ask any drummer for a set of outros. Some may just be like fills ending with a crash, but others live a life of their own with a tempo slowdown or something leaving most of the ending as a short drum solo. We can always do a fade out which often sounds nice, because that’s what we hear on the radio when they need to match the lenght of songs to their program. But then again, we don’t want all our songs to end with a fade out. That would get boring on an album, at least as long as albums still are produced.

Scott

ORIGINAL: tombuur

Scott, that is not fair. Ask any drummer for a set of outros. Some may just be like fills ending with a crash, but others live a life of their own with a tempo slowdown or something leaving most of the ending as a short drum solo. We can always do a fade out which often sounds nice, because that’s what we hear on the radio when they need to match the lenght of songs to their program. But then again, we don’t want all our songs to end with a fade out. That would get boring on an album, at least as long as albums still are produced.

??????

What is not fair? I’m asking Roger if he had any examples of outros he had in mind.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Tom
    Participant

Not fair, because it is hard to describe in words what an ending should sound like. And anyway, just give us a lot of different ones. We will buy them.

Scott

ORIGINAL: tombuur

Not fair, because it is hard to describe in words what an ending should sound like. And anyway, just give us a lot of different ones. We will buy them.

I know it is hard to describe in words, that is why I asked if he had any examples he could reference to i.e. links to songs with outros or song names.

I’d love to have Toontrack ‘give you a lot of different ones’, my question was, and still is, what is considered an ‘outro’ and can you give us some examples (links to mp3s, name of songs, etc.) of what you are looking for?

I gave some suggestion of what I consider an ‘outro’ (double chorus fade or a bridge or a hard stop) I’m not having a go with anyone, I’m trying to grasp what folk consider an ‘outro’.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Jessica Lehto
    Participant

As Scott says, sometimes I just draw a kick and a crash and voila, the song is finished. However, when I need something else, I usually just try out different fills until I find something similar to what I have in mind, then I tweak it to my liking with some good old midi-editing.

Intel Core2Duo E6600 2.4GHz 4Mb Cache Corsair PC6400 800MHz 4GB ASUS P5B Deluxe WiFi AP (P965) Cubase Studio 4 Tascam FW-1082 Korg M3 88

john guitar
    Participant

Ok, where do I start. This is a professional gripe, so make sure you burn this letter or listen to it.

My singer had a copy of EZ drummer, it sounded superb on his p.c.
    so he authorized it to my p.c.
    The first problem arose when there was a conflict of emails.
    I uploaded over a month ago and it said this version was registered to my singers email address.
    The downhill road to hell started right after this.

I had so many complications uploading with “error” messages etc, I thought what the hell is going on?
    I never got his authorised version onto my p.c.

I decided to support the company, I purchased my own version for $175
    I proceeded to upload it.
    more error messages with the same crap.
    8 and half hours later, I had a migraine sifting through error messages.
    I exploded and now have the flu almost divorcing my wife in the process.

I registered my version, and couldn’t find a support email. I’ve been using complex software
    for over 20 years. I’m a web designer and graphic artist for over 30 years.

I couldn’t read the “dark gray” letters on a black background on your site, I had to highlight every F’king sentence.
    My temperature rose considerably and I tried to calm down but it was difficult.

I never got the EZ drummer software onto my p.c. which has all the required specs.
    I now have unusable software on my table and will be using this product for a coffee coaster.

If you think this is the end of this issue it isn’t.

I actually found my particular error code message on “Google search engine”, not your forum threads?

I saw that others had the same problem, the answer from your end was “to download the on line version after logging in”
    I thought ok, there is a piece of software missing or something, I fully respect copyright as I’m in the arts industry myself.
    I then get a message, “you already have the software on your p.c.??”
    remove the old version (which I couldn’t access)
    I “F’ing exploded and flew into a rage after my machine asked me to “remove the old version” and upload the on line version.
    I couldn’t delete the software, it wouldn’t budge.
    I had to go through long complex processes of deleting folders within the software until it was small enough to delete the old software.

(big breath)

I finally got all your software off my p.c. and I doubt I’ll get a response.
    There is no email to contact anyone.
    A veritable mote of electronic gobbldigook that led me so far into the bowls of difficult non-intuitive website design, t beggars belief.

When it takes this musician 9 hours all up not including the problems 6 weeks ago with my singers version. I’ve had enough

Nothing is meant to be this difficult. nothing.
    So I’m placing an add in the newspaper for a real drummer, I’m sure I’ll get better results.

I’m not pissed off at anyone personally, just overloaded with the digital difficulties of this product.
    I’m sure I missed half the problems of initializing this product and then transcribe them here to make this a real juicy gripe, I didn’t keep a diary.
    I’ve lost 3 years of my life force and consider myself a “reasonable person” with a moderate temperament.

Thanks, but no thanks
    good luck to all the satisfied customers I’m sure this is just a one off.
    yours
    John Guitar (without drummer or drumming software)

Juicy
    Participant

The stuff rock bands do, playing live in a pub even though they hit the last chord they and especially the drummer go mental and
    not strict tempo the longer it goes usually gets slower and slower with rolling toms,snare and a few snare flams and then the last big hit.
    Some variations would be a long double cymbal rolls with bass drum support
    Footage of live shows would have this,the more sophisticated a band becomes they wont do these as it is kinda young and we don’t know how to stop.
    For the more famous Bands and artists who have outgrown such things it may only happen once and the end of the show.

When recording these on a midi kit we hit beat one to click track and then mute the click and do not quantise so it ignores set tempo.Works just like the real thing.

jbraner
    Participant

john guitar,

No one is going to notice your post – thi sis a conversation about outros. You need to start a new thread…

John Braner
    http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
    http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
    and all the major streaming/download sites.
    -------------------------------------------------
    Reaper 7 x64 (latest version), Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, AMD Ryzen 3950x, 32GB RAM, MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk Wifi mobo (not using wifi though), NVIDIA GEForce GT710 video card, MOTU Ultralite AVB audio interface

Jay Coover
    Participant

ORIGINAL: Scott
    I’m trying to grasp what folk consider an ‘outro’.

Well, for the purposes of a Toontrack MIDI package, I think you can rule out “fade out”. You’ve got that covered.

Seriously though, you could probably release an entire pack of endings and still have room.

An outro for the purposes of coming up with something that isn’t tied to one of the other releases could be a combination of flurishes and accented hits both crescendo and decrescendo on the hits, depending on the style. Not really hard to imagine all that has been done so far on button endings across the board.

SD 2.3 NY vol 2/Metal Foundry/C & V/Roots 1 & 2/Music City Latin Percussion/Funkmasters/The Classic/Jazz/Pop!/#1 Hits/Electronic/Twisted/Claustrophobic EZKeys 1.1 with all the trimmings

devonbiker
    Participant

First of all, sorry for my tone but I am annoyed at Toontracks. I’ve bought alot of stuff and find the offerings are stingy at best and now there’s no OUTROS. I feel this company is taking the mick! First thing I’ve noticed is you take pot luck when buying anything from Toontracks. You never know what you are going to get until you paid and registered. The samples they give are few and not enough, there is no info for each pack what you will be getting or what styles. The few demo videos show a fully loaded EZdrummer program, so when you install EZdrummer you realise you have nothing thats you can use, now you have to buy more packs. The packs you buy are also stingy with little to go on. This is wrong and misleading.

I’m new to home recording, midi and Toontracks. I can’t beleive what I’ve been reading in this thread! Looks like Scot is linked to Toontracks somehow? None the less, if a song needs a drum into it will usually need a drum outro. I’ve paid good money for EZdrummer, Percussion, Nashville, Americano and where are the OUTROS????

This is an old thread and there’s no OUTROS pack to buy so Toontracks obviously don’t see a need!

In the mean time, back in the real world where some of us bought EZdrummer as a drag n drop program, want drag n drop OUTROS! What do musicians do then to make an outros in their DAW please?

I'm Full Of Questions

David Snow
    Participant

@rogrussell said:

I like the songwriter parts for intro, verse, chorus, and fills, but I would like to see outros listed also. A good strong finish also helps the song along.

I too want midi drum endings, such as tasty or crazy cymbal rolls and fills, not necessarily “in tempo” but realistic, like a real drummer plays when a song breaks down.

Henrik
    Participant

@David Snow said:
    I too want midi drum endings, such as tasty or crazy cymbal rolls and fills, not necessarily “in tempo” but realistic, like a real drummer plays when a song breaks down.

Have you tried EZdrummer 2, or the demo version of it? It comes with different kinds of endings, and they are found in the Browser tab, Search tab or through the Song Creator feature.

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.