OSX Catalina – No EZX Sound Expansion and no EZMIX Pack can be installed –

Product Manager
Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Olof

Hi,

This is unusual, in fact it could be the first time I see this error. Do you have any kind of antivirus software installed? What do you mean by a fresh install of 10.15.7 – was the disk formatted before 10.15.7 was installed or was it installed over another macOS version?

Please try to run the installer for an EZmix pack again and when you get the error dialog, immediately open Terminal (in Applications > Utilities) and copy/paste the following commands to the Terminal window, all at once:

launchctl print system/com.toontrack.installer.helper > ~/Desktop/ToontrackDiag.txt 2>&1
    launchctl print-disabled system >> ~/Desktop/ToontrackDiag.txt 2>&1
    ps -jax | grep com.toontrack.installer.helper | grep -v grep >> ~/Desktop/ToontrackDiag.txt 2>&1
    ls -leOd /Library/PrivilegedHelperTools >> ~/Desktop/ToontrackDiag.txt 2>&1
    ls -leO /Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/com.toontrack.installer.helper >> ~/Desktop/ToontrackDiag.txt 2>&1
    ls -leO /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.toontrack.installer.helper.plist >> ~/Desktop/ToontrackDiag.txt 2>&1
    cat /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.toontrack.installer.helper.plist >> ~/Desktop/ToontrackDiag.txt 2>&1
    log show --debug --info --last 10m | egrep -i '( helper| privileged|launch|toontrack|installer)' >> ~/Desktop/ToontrackDiag.txt 2>&1
    echo

Then press Return and wait until you get a new prompt (a few seconds probably). On the desktop you will then find a file named ToontrackDiag.txt. Please attach that file to your reply.

Olof Hermansson - Toontrack
    Coder

Marcus Czoske
    Participant

Hi! I found a solution?

Now I had problems with Native Access, too. (Permissions denied)

System is fresh installed yesterday on a formatted system…No Firewall or Virusscan etc. installed.

Solution:

I gave them both “administrator rights”

Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Privacy -> Accessibility

Added both Apps

That worked for me. Curiously, it is still working after deleting permissions.

Still the question why I could install “via Product Manager” EZ Drummer 2, but no Expansion…

Operating system: macOS Catalina (10.15)
    Olof

Product Manager just launches the installers, it does not need admin permissions. The software installers (for example for EZdrummer 2) are “.pkg” installers, while the expansions use a Toontrack installation program which uses the helper tool you had problems with.

I guess it was just a temporary issue for unknown reason. Maybe fiddling in security preferences triggered something “under the hood” that helped.

Coder

Thanked by: gerhard
    hubb662
    Participant

Operating system: macOS Mojave (10.14)
    Olof

Operating system: macOS Mojave (10.14)

It looks like you have a more common error, “CFErrorDomainLaunchd error 9.” It should be possible to fix with this Terminal command:

sudo launchctl enable system/com.toontrack.installer.helper

When it prompts you for password, type your computer/admin password (which will be invisible) and press Return.

Coder

Thanked by: gerhard
    hubb662
    Participant

it shows a key after password. won’t let me put in a password

Olof

You should just blindly type the entire password and press Return.

Coder

hubb662
    Participant

thank you so much!

gerhard
    Participant

Hi

i got the same problem.

It doesn’t matter what i trie to install or update the message remains the same

OS = Mac OS Ventura 13.6.1

this problem is occurring since a couple of weeks

before i was able to download and  install SDX libraries etc.

sudo launchctl enable system/com.toontrack.installer.helper

THAT helped!

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.