One day only: 17 classic EKX expansions at up to 40% off!*

Opinions Wanted

EZdrummer Pre-sales
Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Christian Derdul
    Participant

With the EZX’s you get samples & midi

Mac Pro 4.1, 2.26 GHz 8 Core, 28 GB RAM, OS X 10.10.5, Logic Pro 10.2.0, Apogee Duet

Nathan
    Participant

What styles of music are you into?

>

SD2.3, NYII, C&V, MC, MF, ED, Latin Perc, Twisted, Pop, N1H, Electronic, Classic, Funkmasters, Rock Solid, Blues, Indie-Folk.

mrdrums
    Participant

yeah but you dont get them all. I find some and most of the fills in basic ezdrummer
    to be way over the top. Hard to get a basic fill without trying to make the drummer the star.

to me the idea is to not draw so much attention to it, hard to do when the guy is firing off wicked fills.

If it’s that hard to find humbling fills it might be easier to find them if I had access to every fill toontrack has, which would be purchashing the packs right?

mrdrums
    Participant

I play everything from classic 50’s rock, to foo fighters.

From singer songwriter A to hard rock B.

If the question was well, if I like Heavy Metal, should I use heavy metal expansion, it would be a stupid question.

But I write alot of different kinds of music

Nathan
    Participant

MIDI Packs are nearly always going to be fancier than you’ll need for much music.

The beats in many casaes will be more elaborate than you’ll need and many of the fills, too.

The trick is finding something that has a good feel, even if it’s too busy, and pruning out the “unecessary” hits.

What “The Now” was trying to say is that you get the Blues MIDI kit with the Blues EZX, the Indie-Folk MIDI with the Indie-Folk EZX, etc…

Maybe you want to look at some of the “session” or “Basic” MIDI packs. I’ve got the “Session Drums” MIDI pack, and the “Basic Rock” and “Basic Rock fills” MIDI packs and they’re very good with mostly “meat and potatoes” grooves included. Ususally any slightly more fancy grooves just need a little pruning…

>

SD2.3, NYII, C&V, MC, MF, ED, Latin Perc, Twisted, Pop, N1H, Electronic, Classic, Funkmasters, Rock Solid, Blues, Indie-Folk.

Christian Derdul
    Participant

Yeah it seems more often than not a process of negation rather then finding the perfect fill that works right off the bat.

Sweet shades!

Mac Pro 4.1, 2.26 GHz 8 Core, 28 GB RAM, OS X 10.10.5, Logic Pro 10.2.0, Apogee Duet

mrdrums
    Participant

That is what I have been doing, I also edit beats in midi editor, But it’s alot of extra work, its called EZ drummer remember. I simply go with the simple fills provided, but you find that you run out pretty quickly.

There is also the issue of velocity. The busier the fill the louder it seems to get, I mean your coasting along with a nice
    steady beat, then all of a sudden a 4 measure fill comes in and sounds louder than the rest of the mix. And lower the toms doesnt always do it cause the snare is in the fills too, which would drop the snare for regular playing.

Jason Hood
    Participant

Should probably be moved to “other pre sales” or possibly “requests feedback”
    A lot of the time the midi sounds like me shedding wood, just makin noise for the gloriousness of it. In an accompanied setting, I strip it back to support the bass player foremost, and stay out of the vocalists way, as would most ego free drummers. Bit more noodling in instrumentals of course.
    Even “Backbeats” is a misnomer due to over playing.
    Grooves page needs “less masturbatory hats”, “less masturbatory snares” in the last column, voila no more gospel ghost notes or 16th/32nd note hihat brain farts.
    more Aranoff less Donati, more Keltner less Bozzio and if they gots to get busy more Will Calhoun less Tony Royster jr

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.