no printable manual?

Superior Drummer 3 Pre-sales
Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Scott

Why can’t you save the web version and print it?

If you want to, you can save the web page and read it offline. In Google Chrome (for example), there is a menu item “More Tools” > “Save Web Page As…”. You should save every chapter as it’s own web page (so one page for “0.Introduction”, one page for “1.Installation” etc.). This can also be printed if one prefers to read it the old fashion way

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

joey pinter
    Participant

thanks. i’m going to try that. i like having the book instead of switching screens

leszko
    Participant

Also, I think the PDF manual to print is OK. It does not take up space on a computer screen – not everything modern – is useful in any environment. When the software view has a lot of detail – it is easier to fold A4 booklet. I have another problem – unfortunately in the Polish language there are few instructions – and sometimes fragments are quite compiled – then I translate those fragments into Polish. I do not have to tire of understanding the text while working with the manual and the program. But the translation is laborious. And really – it was!
    But – now I’ve turned on google translator – really very few mistakes – great progress compared to what was 2.3 years ago. From the “silly and blunt translator”
      He became “quite reasonable”. I recommend – I do not know how in other languages?

Now I also use it “in the other direction”. Is it understandable – what I wrote. Laugh
    Regards

michael hulse
    Participant

No pdf manual is BS. I need the manual offline and I do not wish to print it. WTF?

Walter Gontowski
    Participant

Plus 1

Walter Gontowski
    Participant

@Scott said:
    Why can’t you save the web version and print it?

If you want to, you can save the web page and read it offline. In Google Chrome (for example), there is a menu item “More Tools” > “Save Web Page As…”. You should save every chapter as it’s own web page (so one page for “0.Introduction”, one page for “1.Installation” etc.). This can also be printed if one prefers to read it the old fashion way  

Scott,

I have a .pdf file that I made using Acrobat Pro. Is it okay to share? Lots of people are asking for it.

Walt

joey pinter
    Participant

thanks, scott, what i’ve done is what you suggested then put it on a memory stick then called office max (or whatever the hell it’s called) and asked them if they can print something is saved from chrome. they said yes.
    my printer sucks, it’s out of ink and the cartridge costs as much as the printer. so that’s why i’m bringing it to them.
    to be honest, i can’t stand clicking from one window to another and like SDX i like having the book on my lap to make notes.
    so, we’ll see if it’s true that a chrome page(s) can be printed.
    However, as smart as the toontrack people are i don’t understand how they overlooked not having a PDF link. i’ve been using SDX for years and really don’t remember how i printed it, there must have been a link.
    jp

Scott

I think the reasoning to have a web version of the manual is so when Toontrack wants to update the manual, it would be quick and easy. Users won’t be using an outdated manual. When it’s printed…it could be outdated.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

joey pinter
    Participant

that makes a lot of sense especially with a brandy new thing, one would expect bugs showing up. However, having something printed (for me anyway) helps getting started then if new problems come up we will all be alerted via emails and such.
    i’ll live with it.
    thanks.

Bob Muso
    Participant
Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.