Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Nightmare hi hat issues

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • magicHughesy
    Participant

Can anyone help with this?

Rogue

you can always sent us a recorded sequence for us to have a look at the data sent from the module but if your controller is sending a non linear curve then there is little you can do except equip yourself with a better foor controller… what is it btw (model)?

Rogue Marechal - Toontrack
    Configuration Manager

kojak
    Participant

Hi
    For the HD-1, I have entered F#1 (GM closed hats) and A#1 (GM open Hats) to the Hats Trig midi settings and it seems to work ok. Now I have a smooth progression from closed to open.

I’m not sure on what to do with the foot pedal hat note that the HD-1 outputs. Seems to work ok, but I don’t know if it’s the best option with superior 2

AFAIK, these are the notes that the HD-1 uses, so I guess there is not more to configure.

Hope it helps

BTW, I checked the “edit only this articulation” button when entering the notes, don’t know if it’s needed.

magicHughesy
    Participant

ok so I think it’s as close as can be now. I hope this helps others with the HD1:

First off I removed all the notes for each of the hats articulations.

As kojak above I checked “edit only this articulation” and added notes F#1 and A#1 to the Hatstrig articulation, then I added G#1 to the ‘open pedal’ articulation. Finally I added CC4 to the hatsctrl articulation, and saved as HD1 in the midi presets.

To the experts: does this sound like the correct way to set the midi up? As explained above the only notes output to logic are A#1, F#1 and G#1 and there is a fairly linear curve recorded too, quite an even range from 0 to 127.

Damian Blunt

Sounds spot on to me

Damian Blunt - Toontrack
    Quality Assurance
    Betatesting

fudgesson
    Participant

Is it possible to make a HD-1 preset that can be shared?
    Tried the above but can´t get it to work with my limited knowledge about this.
    Or maybe a fools guide step by step how to make it work.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.