Newb Question from potential ezdrummer buyer

EZdrummer Pre-sales
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Scott

I’ve tracked plenty of real drums here at the studio and I’ve programmed plenty of drum parts using EZdrummer/S2/EZplayer and you should be up and running with a drum track using EZdrummer quite fast. In fact, I could probably whip up a drum part in the same time it would take to open the mic cabinet, take the mics out, and put them on mic stands to mic up the real kit!

Seriously, using the MIDI grooves available (from Toontrack and others that support Toontrack mapping) is quite simple and, once you’ve done it a few times, you can get drum parts down fast. You may end up dropping a few MIDI grooves into your DAW and then tweaking from there to make it fit ‘your’ vision but the MIDI groove available are great for getting things down fast with little or no tweaking.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

prez1259
    Participant

ok this sucks!! i bought a new mac then first day there was a problem..took back my mac got a new one mac pro tower…quad core…loaded ezdrummer in old one and now trying to load ezdrummer …going nuts i have my brother here and between the both of us we should be able to figure this out….cant and we have tried for three hours….should i take the ez drummer back to the store andf get my money back….did it cause problems on the new mac that i took bach….we keep getting screen that says not authurized on this computer

prez1259
    Participant

we did all the steps many times, and its not a fun thankgiving…..sometimes the code is different…..please help…and will this even run on my mac pro..

Scott

prez1259,

Please start a thread in the EZdrummer support forum here:

http://www.toontrack.com/forum/tt.aspx?forumid=32

Also, please fill in your system specs on your member profile page as it will expedite us helping you (‘mac’ just isn’t enough of a description).

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

outsounder
    Participant

The code is different? Are you refering to the registration & authorisaztion code?

If thats so, your not doing anything wrong. It’s the programming of the plug in.  You have to enable your internet to send Toontrack your machine ID to authorize the install. As soon as thats done, Disconnect from the internet and enter the authorize codes from the confirmation email you’ll get.

Thats the way that always worked for us here. The annoying thing is that if you unplug or change any hardware, you might have to do it all again 🙁

Another thing to be beware of – If you doing an audio mixdown/export whilst the software is running and your on line when ya shove a USB stick /external drive in, you may generate a new machine ID and have to through the whole re-registration process again 🙁

Other than that, it’s a lovely little plugin you’ll be to own 🙂

Shame that Toontrack haven’t bought the right click menu and other mouse commands in EZplayer into line with popular DAW’s like Cubase/Sonar etc . You can spend ages putting a drum track together in EZplayer and one mistaken right click/cntrl click and it’s possibly all gone !

Hope they see thier way clear to do that in future upgrades. Indeed they should look at that quite hard now as with midi loop previewers/medai bays becoming the norm in DAW’s , EZ player needs to be something really good or it’s gonna fall by the way side very soon. Shame if it does, if it wasn’t so fiddly it would be brilliant.

Intel quad core 6 Tbytes HDD, Asus HD graphics, 2x 21"HD Display, Creamware 15 DSP S/cards, Cubase, NI Komplete, Roland VMC 7200 96 Channel digital 5.1 Mixer, Powered Mackie, Adam,Blue Sky 5.1 monitoring

Juicy
    Participant

I have neve un plugged or disconnected the internet and on all my macs never had any of the problems above.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.