One day only: 17 classic EKX expansions at up to 40% off!*

New Song Same Mix, Superior 2.0 & strings etc

User demos
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Scott
    Participant

That Kick Drum is deep … the type where you can feel it in your chest.
    Nice job.

Scott

-Mac Studio (2023)–  Apple M2 Max
    -macOS Ventura Version 13.6
    -Logic Pro 10.7.9 
    -64 GB Ram 
    -Universal Audio Apollo 8 (UAD2 DUO) – max sample rate supported: 192
    -typical buffer /  typical sample rate:  128 / 44.1
    -External drives:
    *SanDisk  2TB USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A/Type-C Portable SSD  
    *Glyph 3TB HD w/  USB-C/3.0/2.0 Compatibility
    *OWC 2TB Aura P12 Pro NVME M.2 SSD housed in OWC Express 4-slot 4M2 M.2 NVME Thunderbolt 3 ports
    -Midi Controllers:  M-Audio Keystation 88, Novation 61SL

VOLiTiAN
    Participant

Cheers Scott, that was the aim of the game to just amp things up a bit, was it too deep for the fast passages? Hopefully goes to show that heavy kick’s can be found in 2.0

Aside from that you still hearing the guitars a being a bit bassy? Out of interest what nearfields are you using?

Cheers again for the ol’ input always much appreciated!

Take it easy

David @ VOLiTiAN

www.myspace.com/VOLiTiAN www.soundclick.com/VOLiTiAN www.reverbnation.com/VOLiTiAN www.soundcloud.com/VOLiTiAN

Ethersis
    Participant

hi,
    the drum sound is awesome. is this just superiour or with metal foundry?

DEATH METAL | first Album online:
    ethersis.bandcamp.com
    Check also out for other Songs here:
    soundcloud.com/ethersis

Ethersis on Facebook

Brandon Mogg
    Participant

Well first, it seems like there’s some weird degrading compression on the hi-hats. Not sure what that is, but I downloaded the 128kbps mp3 and still heard it. Sounds like broken glass.

In general, the overheads seem to be missing some presence. The snare has a lot of verb and the OH mics don’t sound like they’re in the same room.

The guitar tone you have is very muted. Why not bring it out? You’re obviously playing some cool rhythms, but it’s not very noticable.

VOLiTiAN
    Participant

ORIGINAL: infernalvoice

hi,
    the drum sound is awesome. is this just superiour or with metal foundry?

Hi buddy, yeah you’re totally right, it’s superior with MF, plus a layered snare sound using one of the allaire snares so it’s a bit of a mix and match, thanks for the compliments, i’ve done another mix on another thread if ya fancy having a listen 🙂

Regards

David @ VOLiTiAN

www.myspace.com/VOLiTiAN www.soundclick.com/VOLiTiAN www.reverbnation.com/VOLiTiAN www.soundcloud.com/VOLiTiAN

VOLiTiAN
    Participant

ORIGINAL: mojque

Well first, it seems like there’s some weird degrading compression on the hi-hats. Not sure what that is, but I downloaded the 128kbps mp3 and still heard it. Sounds like broken glass.

In general, the overheads seem to be missing some presence. The snare has a lot of verb and the OH mics don’t sound like they’re in the same room.

The guitar tone you have is very muted. Why not bring it out? You’re obviously playing some cool rhythms, but it’s not very noticable.

Hey man, thanks for the feedback you totally resounded thoughts i already had, the prob was the source tone of the guitars was spiking a bit around 2-2.5k so i was trying to dip that but lost most of the top end in the process and so it was trying to get a balance on various systems but overall i felt the whole mix wasn’t coming together and god knows what was happening with the hats they just went really “lo-fi” and i couldn’t work out where from, either way i’ve put together a new mix, totally stripped it back and started again “sigh”, thanks for the input points were definitely taken onboard, in fact i’ve done a new mix if ya fancy taking a quick look at the new thread i created i’d be interested in your feedback, just out of interest were you using a freq analyzer when listening to the tracks and what nearfields were you listening through, sounds like you’re getting a good heads up on the dimensions of the sounds…

Regards

David @ VOLiTiAN

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.