Need riding crash and splashes in SD

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • prr
    Participant

Hi, I use superior with the splash’s from the ezx drum kit from hell, it works awesome. Infact thats all all go the ezx for.

Whitten
    Participant

ORIGINAL: MykillCox

2) the ability to easily “ride” the crash. You know…smashing the crash on every beat when the song picks up and needs powerful, repeated crashes.

It happens all the time in many rock/pop styles. When you try in SD, it cycles through articulations and doesn’t sound natural.

I don’t think that’s the problem.
    All samples in all software drum products are sampled from a standing start so to speak, So a crash is silent, then it’s struck and is sampled.
    When you are crash riding, the crash is already sounding, and importantly already vibrating quite a lot. This results in a different sound than starting with a silent, non vibrating cymbal.
    I’m not sure what the basic recording workaround would be, but the playback workarounds that are typically suggested here seem to work ok.

Damian Blunt

Some Roland modules use a system they call ‘interval control’ where the attack of a note is adjusted depending on how quick notes are triggered in succession….useful for buzz rolls and cymbal swells….or riding the crash.

You could try using a duplicate x-drum of the crash cymbal that you wish ride and soften the attack on this. You could then experiment with incorporating this x-drum cymbal into your performance.

Damian Blunt - Toontrack
    Quality Assurance
    Betatesting

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.