Need help – rimshot/sidestick not working correctly anymoren (low sound)

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • John

Hi,

I think you need to play around with the sensitivity, velocity curve and crosstalk in your module to make it respond like you want it to.
    There may also be a switch setting for rimshot/cross stick or similar.
    We’re talking about triggering the ‘Sidestick’ articulation (note#37) in EZdrummer 2, right?

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Martin Weterholt
    Participant

Hi John,

yes, we are talking about that one. The thing is, i’ve downloaded the manual for the td4k and looked at velocity, rim gain and rim adjust. The problem is that, when i set my rim gain too high, the sound also changes from the sidestick to the rimshot sound.

Can i set the rimshot note to the sidestick note when it comes in ezdrummer 2? Because i can see the different notes coming in when playing..

Btw: when i turn of xstick volume in my Roland td4k , then the rimshot sound always plays. When i set my xstick to the highest level (3) it plays the sidetalk sound 🙂

John

Hi,

you cannot change MIDI note assignments nor change volume of individual articulations of a drum in EZdrummer 2, those are features available in Superior 2.
    I’m afraid you will have to experiment with the module settings.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Juicy
    Participant

As John says, SD2 All the way.

Martin Weterholt
    Participant

Thank you for your answers. But i did always work, that’s why i don’t think SD2 is necessary. But i will try and look at the settings. When i have an solution i will report it here.

Juicy
    Participant

Just saying for ultimate control even with TD4 module , the SD@ plug would give you exactly what you want.

Martin Weterholt
    Participant

I get what you’re saying. But i managed to fix it.

My td4k module is able to reroute midi numbers. So i disabled the xstick. This way, i know i always hear a rimshot and never a sidestick sound. So, now i have changed the midi note for the rimshot to the midi note for a sidestick. That worked!

Ron_2
    Participant

Hi, I love the EZ-Drummer two. I need to turn midi note 37 off. The Side stick is getting false triggered from the kick. Is there an easy way to turn that note 37 off? Thank you…

Jorg
    Participant

What?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.