Up to 20% off all individual MIDI packs for drums, EZkeys and EZbass!*

Up to 20% off all individual MIDI packs for drums, EZkeys and EZbass!*

Up to 20% off all individual MIDI packs for drums, EZkeys and EZbass!*

“Nazi Hunters” – Metal EZX n 8 Strings

User demos
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • James Long
    Participant

Great song man! I love the clarity in your mix, does a lot of that come from the tube compressor? I’m always looking for a better way to mix and master my music and any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!
    James
    btw i am getting a mesa mark v 25 for my birthday in may :)

Daniel Levey
    Participant

Thanks James!

The Tube Compressor, an Avalon 747sp is used on mixdown with the tube adding warmth and mild compression. I mix back to Cubase through it and export that to Wavelab to master. In a way I master as i mix hoping the mix sound is extremely close to finished so onlly mild EQ needed on master and just mass limiting and warming.

My mastering chain is all plugs – Slate VTM –> UAD Pultec EQ –> UAD Manley passive EQ –> Slate FG-X

I follow many of the EQ tips in the SOS Mixing Metal article to give each instrument its own space. Also many busses in Cubase with parallel compression.

This mix has gone through many revisions even changing from my post to last night. I switched out of the Metal! EZX to Metal Foundry to get more snappy drums as the guitars are so big and wide that the drums need to be thinner.

Dan

http://www.REwireMusic.com

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.