Music City USA install

Product Manager
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Frank Bond
    Participant

I finally got this fixed.

I’m not sure why but the Program Manager doesn’t like it or can’t handle it when the SDXs are already installed. SD3 recognized them and knew they were installed but Program Manager didn’t know they were installed despite following the directions from Toontrack support to un-point to them and then repoint to them and restart the computer. So I had to delete the folder that contained the install and then re-install them exactly like they were before.  This worked fine……

…until I pushed Clean Up which deleted all my downloaded files AND my new installs because Program (mis)-Manager had installed all the SDXs in the same folder it wanted to delete when doing clean-up. So then I had to re-download all my SDX’s and install them again in a different folder.

Of course this was my fault for trusting the program to work properly but I do think this Program Manager could be made to actually work. As it is, it would have been easier to do the whole thing manually.

I think I’m going to love SD3 but I sure am glad this ridiculous ordeal is over.

Henrik
    Participant

Program (mis)-Manager had installed all the SDXs in the same folder it wanted to delete when doing clean-up.

The installation is made in a separate installer, which is automatically opened from the Product Manager. Somehow, the installation path in the SDX installer was set to the download path, which lead to this. I’ll take a note of this, and we’ll try to re-design it so this scenario won’t happen.

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

Frank Bond
    Participant

Thanks Hendrik,

I’m sure I’ll recover. ?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.